Well my room sucks but I feel like I have improved.

Well......since metal is not my genre I won't try to comment on the content or composition.......just the sound and recording elements that I hear. My first question to you is to ask you what your monitoring equipment is. I ask because in general it feels as if the sound is a tiny bit on the dull side.....in that it could use some air or a small amount of exciter effect. That might help to lessen the "middle" effect you mentioned and could help to both widen your track and bring it some instrument separation. It would likely help the vocals as well..........as they do seem to be a bit too buried in the mix. That being said.....there's nothing dramatically wrong and I assume lots of people would like the track the way it is. So...what do you use for monitoring? Do you mix on headphones?

Just some cheap M-audio's. I need to upgrade obviously. I sometimes reference on headphones but not during mixing just after and then maybe tweak.My main issue is my room.

I definitely would like to widen things for sure.

Thanks!

Kind of old school sounding. I dig it man!

I definitely hear some 250hz buildup, or maybe just lacking in some upper mids to brighten things up.

Vocals definitely could use some 4-5k definition. They sound kind of dark to me.

Guitars need some 'bite'. Feeling around 3k or so, but be careful of getting it thin there.

I think a bit punchier kick could help as well. At very least some more high end attack. It sounds a bit flubby/boomy.

Bass guitar I would add a bit more of the upper mid attack as well. Snare maybe a slight bit of small plate verb to open it up.

Just some personal opinions. Sounding good!

Cheers

Tried to download the track and mess with some eq, but the online converted sound was crap.

Maybe send me a wav mix? I can get some better judgment via DAW than the Soundcloud version.

I just had nose surgery and I am bored. lol

I'll give all your ideas a try. Low end is always a struggle in my room. Nothing translates so I get frustrated and have to take a break.

Not sure when Ill get back to my room but if all else fails I'll send you a wav. file.

Thanks!!

I'll give all your ideas a try. Low end is always a struggle in my room. Nothing translates so I get frustrated and have to take a break.

Not sure when Ill get back to my room but if all else fails I'll send you a wav. file.

Thanks!!

I'm not hearing much as far as low end issues. There is a bit lacking in the sub area but nothing to freak out about. Seems you have it controlled pretty well.

+1 on most of what Jimmy said. The only caveat I'd put on it is to be careful about adding more volume to the mid range. Yeah, some mids would help the bass stick out, but you're already getting a lot of build up in the mids. Especially in the low mids, especially in the vox; they're downright muddy throughout much of this.

Good arrangement choice with the bells to touch up the high end.

A little disappointed this wasn't a cover of the Mr. T song, I'm not gonna lie. :D

Sorry about the Mr T thing but I plan on spending time this weekend on music so I'll give the song some tweaks.

Thank You!!

Back