• Crap what a bunch of junk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the best thing is the name

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wfaraoni

ear art's not a science
Hey I posted this a while back but did not get much feedback on it or only 3 or 4 to be specific. I'd really like to hear what you guys think I should do to it, BEFORE I give it a try. I know that the guitar track needs to be redone fattened, recorded with a mic instaed of direct and played with an Idea that takes you somewhere in mind for sure, but how about the rest of it? If youve got the weather channel you know what Im looking for:D :D :D

Weather Channel

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1644&alid=-1

Last edited:
i think this is really cool actually. sort of tongue-in-cheek.

defintly feels like some random wednesday morning and you haven't quite figured out your day. :D sweater? umbrella?

what are you worried about? The solo ideas were pretty good, just get a nice tone and lay them down, it'll be great.

James HE : Thanks for the feedback, I was pretty pleased with the tonal quality of the drums and bass, wasn't sure about the keyboard. Im glad you liked it.

All Others:
Sometimes I think that when people don't comment its because they feel that nothing constructive or beneficial could be easily defined. for the mostpart the feedback I did get so far was generally positive but was looking for some critically constructive to try before I lay over a new Guitar track, as is definitely needed.

I know that this might qualify as elevator type music to some and therefore also generate little interest. But heck I've been listening to all kinds and genres that are not my personal preference or even an area which I am unsure about what is usually desired but that doesn't stop me from giving my impression.

As Wrong as it may be :D :D

Peace
Bill

Hey this isn't bad at all.

You're right about the lead guitar. Unfocusd. Close your eyes and wait for the melodies...even if it's just 2 good notes. Then you can play. (at least that's what I have to do :) ) It's a nice tone though. And you've got the feel and a few phrases that will work with development. But you might want to start with a melodic theme that maybe you repeat a couple times and go from there.

That's really it for me. The other rhythm instruments seem like they'll support a variety of different lead lines.

Nice music by the way. I can't believe my local barometer is reading 95%.

hey i remember listening to this before..

i believe last time i thought you should add a change... i think I even gave you a letter to change to :)

im a big weather fan also as you can see by my avator... i cant wait until spring... id like to goto the plains and look for a tornado!!!

Hey,I really like it. I was expecting the weather girl to break in with the forecast. Nice overall tone to it.

Hey,JMarcomb, come on down here to Oklahoma this spring,I bet we could find you a tornado around here. They sprout like weeds down here between the first part of april throught the end of june.

a good listen.. the mix sounds decent.. maybe it's missing some crispness.. it has a mid range sound to it.. I'm looking for something to complain about and can't find much.. good background music..

strmkr said:

Hey,JMarcomb, come on down here to Oklahoma this spring,I bet we could find you a tornado around here. They sprout like weeds down here between the first part of april throught the end of june.

i might have to take you up on that :) .... im soo weird when it comes to bad weather... if I see some cumulonimbus clouds forming outside i will just go outside and stare for hours until im stuck by lightning.. i Love It!!

might have to take you up on that .... im soo weird when it comes to bad weather... if I see some cumulonimbus clouds forming outside i will just go outside and stare for hours until im stuck by lightning.. i Love It!!

I am the same way. I have lived here most of my life and still am fascinated with heavy weather. My wife gets nervous every spring because she knows I am liable to take off chasing a tornado any time I see one:D

Sluice; thanks for the response. I just layed that lead over it real quick to get the general feel of it and havent revisited it since. But Im going to. This was the first descent midi stuff Ive been able to produce. Drums bass keyboards are all midi. but you knew that.

Jmarcomb: yes you are one of the replies I got before the thread died so quickly the first time up. Thanks again

starmkr: Thanks for the listen, Im glad to see the positive response

B.sabbath: perhaps the midi shines through to your good ears thus the lack of crispness.

Thanks to all I guess I can go to work on getting a good lead part in now. I had created some changes and a bridge which I though helped it but the file got wiped out. Im NOT very enthused about all the work involved with midi and drum machines for that matter so I dont think Ill have to redo it. Ive got lots of more worthwhile unfinished projects to do. :0

Peace and prosperity to all
Bill

I like this song. Had a nice, relaxed feel to it...Sun is shining, quiet clouds forming in the distance, sipping on a cold one, enjoying that one prescious Sunday when no one's bothering you for anything, dog's laying beside you holding the bottle opener in his mouth, wife's out shopping exclusively to get something for you, your neighbor's on vacation with that bratty, big-mouth son of their's who always seems to want to know exactly when it was that you started losing your hair...and, of course then the wife comes home with twenty new sets of designer hair clips, a new blouse, shoes to match, and your "Gift" is, low and behold, two cold McChicken sandwhiches and a new razor from Walmart...oh, and by the way, the nice sky has turned overcast and the funnel cloud is juuuust starting to dip its evil little point towards the ground...

hehehe...

Anyway, gotta love the midwest weather.

Aside from the craziness, I really did like your song. Anytime you can capture the title of a song with music alone you've done an outstanding job...

darwinsdoggy: thanks for taking the time to listen. I know what you mean about the midwest weather too.
peace
Bill

Hey man...I'm no help on this one. The bell's nice, lol. I tried to find something wrong, and I haven't yet. It's definitely loopable.

Have you ever posted this before? I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I'm thinking I've listened to a "Weather Channel" song before...couple of months ago? I dunno', I'm getting senile.

Nice mix to my ears.

Chrisharris: Thanks for the listen. Your feedback is always appreciated. Yes I did post this a few months ago but the thread died without much response (3 or 4), so I figured I'd repost it and see if I could get some more input before I redo the guitar part, which was just a quick take over the Midi stuff I was experimenting with.

Peace
Bill

Back