We Are Happy Friends

I like the groove. Around 40 seconds there are some chops in the vocals that sound a bit akward. The vocals also cause some clipping (such as around 1:20). I think overall the vocals could actually come down a db or 2.

I think I would really love to hear some "warmth" in this mix. Maybe I'm looking for some bass frequencies? Also, are the vocals too far in the mix? they could be brought a bit forward in my opinion (it could be the reverb that is pushing the vocals so far back in the mix instead of it being forward). I could be wrong. It's a nice song !

I wish I could put drums together this way. I've wanted to since the 80s and it comes out like a horror. I won't give real mixing advice, since I'm always asking for it.

For a demo this is fine. It's a very good song. It lacks full instrumentation and arranging (except the drums, they're phenomenal. They're more than a rhythm instrument here). A producer could take this version and create a full blown production.

Regardless of what you want to do with it, it's a really good song, with a nice message.

Also, I like the singer's voice, she sounds great.

I like the groove. Around 40 seconds there are some chops in the vocals that sound a bit akward. The vocals also cause some clipping (such as around 1:20). I think overall the vocals could actually come down a db or 2.

Thank you very much for you comment. Yes! I had to chop the vocal in some parts maybe it didn't come across that smoothly.

Irwin

I think I would really love to hear some "warmth" in this mix. Maybe I'm looking for some bass frequencies? Also, are the vocals too far in the mix? they could be brought a bit forward in my opinion (it could be the reverb that is pushing the vocals so far back in the mix instead of it being forward). I could be wrong. It's a nice song !

I will re listen the bass and vocal because for your comment and try to fit what does not sound right. Thanks very much for the reply.

Irwin

I haven't been here for a while now. This recording is good...a vast improvement over the recordings you were
posting when you first started posting here. You've learned a lot and your recent recording show it.
Congratulations

I haven't been here for a while now. This recording is good...a vast improvement over the recordings you were
posting when you first started posting here. You've learned a lot and your recent recording show it.
Congratulations

Hi Jimistone, You have notice the improvement of my recordings and that's a good thing, I am thankfully for that. I also would like to say thank you for taking the time to stop and listen to my song.

Irwin

Back