Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "We Did it All"...George Massenburg eat ya heart out...

Thanks

Talking "We Did it All"...George Massenburg eat ya heart out...

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://www.sicbeats.com/data/SIC-weditall.mp3

Its Hip Hop/Rap however you wanna classify it. Let me know

Peace
    "...if the opposite of pro is a con lets go beyond this, the opposite of CONgress must be PROgress..." Cage

[url]www.sicbeats.com[/url]

Thanks
    I guess it sounds pretty well produced....

not my cup of earl grey though...

my advice....

sell all your gear and buy an acoustic guitar and a multi-coloured mobile home... maybe a volkswagon camper van...

seriously... i can't really comment on the song cos I don't like the genre
    but the mix sounds good...

Thanks
    Same as Al....not my genre, but it sounds well produced but then I'm listening on crappy Sony headphones.

On a side note, I don't think i've ever heard 'nigga' in a song quite that many times before... Would be nice if they'd expand their vocabulary a little bit.

Thanks
    I liked the mix, but it seemed like the clave (or perhaps, lead pipe?) was a little to present at first... Pretty distracting... I'm not sure if it ended up settling into the mix or if I just got acclimated to it...
    There was something kinda... I don't know... 'washy' about the kick too... I really didn't have time to analyze it too much as I needed to get to work... It may have been the sound you were looking for, but I'm just more partial to a 'hit you in the chest' kick drum...

I'll try and listen later on and give you a better definition of what I mean...

Thanks

dope

Sounds pretty damn good to me. Far exceeds most of the hip-hop that gets posted here. Good production and rhymes. My only criticism would be that it needs another verse. That last 1:25 without lyrics just dragged on. I kept waiting for more, but it never came. I would suggest either ending it at 3 min, or adding another verse. Nice work, otherwise.
    "That was so terrible, I think you gave me cancer!"
    My tunage

Thanks
    Maybe roll a little volume off that tick (claves?) sound a bit.
    And im not sure exactly where, but theres a 3 or 4k issue somewhere in there.

Overall a nice warm sound though, good job Teach.

Thanks
    thanks....this mix does have some harshness in the mid and upper mids i need to suss it out and try to fix and repost
    "...if the opposite of pro is a con lets go beyond this, the opposite of CONgress must be PROgress..." Cage

Thanks
    My only comment is that the backing track sounds flat. It sounds very squashed together, like the singing and the music loop are right on op of each other; no depth to it. As with all modern hip-hop, the low end stickcs out far too much, but that's a function of the genre that I just happen to not agree with. It just sounded flat, like it was all happening on a singel plane, no diemsion. The rhymes were good, not inspired, but far from adolescent. The application of the beat was functional, but again, not inspired. It sounded a little passionless, but that could be due to the flatness of the overall sound. Just my opinion though, and I listen to very little hip hop.

Michael Schinke
    Violet Grey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Projbalance
    My only comment is that the backing track sounds flat. It sounds very squashed together, like the singing and the music loop are right on op of each other; no depth to it. As with all modern hip-hop, the low end stickcs out far too much, but that's a function of the genre that I just happen to not agree with. It just sounded flat, like it was all happening on a singel plane, no diemsion. The rhymes were good, not inspired, but far from adolescent. The application of the beat was functional, but again, not inspired. It sounded a little passionless, but that could be due to the flatness of the overall sound. Just my opinion though, and I listen to very little hip hop.

Michael Schinke
    Violet Grey
    How would you propose to make it more 3d? less compression? or eq the music loop? or.......

Thanks
    well i finally got back to this thing here's the remix

www.sicbeats.com/data/SIC-wediditall_r8b.mp3

Thread Information