wavs for me to mix

Eddie N

10 Inch Member
if anyone wants to be a nice guy , and send me a few tracks to mix and master for practice , ill be more than appreciative... i really have no expierience , so i wanna take a crack out of it before i do some of my own recording... any type of music is fine... it really doesnt matter to me.. just around four or five dry tracks for me to sync , mix , and master togehter.. im rambling.. anyone wanna volunteer ?
thanks...
- eddie -

That's a cool idea Eddie. A downloadable, batch of wav files that could be imported into Cubase, and remixed for practice, or fun or whatever. The problem is the bandwidth, for me anyways. Most of my songs are up around 700MB's, be a big email.

I'm sure Dragon can come up something.

Emeric

I know you say you've bought a guitar but don't know how to play. But you can learn twice as much in the same amount of time by simplifying what you plan to record and recording your own sounds, however primitive they might be. My lack of ability to play keyboards has never stopped me from playing with my synth anyway.

Check out my latest primitive synth tunes at:
http://members.home.net/drstawl/midi.html

Halloween Eve Mix and
Halloween without Reverb

ah jeez... i just wrote a long reply to this post , but somehow managed to lose it... and i dont have the energy to rewrite , so ill summarize...

if you convert the wav files to mp3's , i can convert them back to wavs , then edit , mix , and master all of the tracks... my only question is , if you convert at the lowest quality for the sake of smallest file size , then i convert them back to wavs , will the quality of the original wav be compromised ? ill have to do some experimenting.. besides the fact that i use vegas pro , which i believe can work directly with mp3's...

drstawl , i recorded my own " music " with my set up.. but its really baaad stuff.. ive mixed , added effects , etc , but you can only do so much with bad material...

thanks...
- eddie -

OK Eddie: You're On! Go get yourself a free account at freedrive.com as recommended by Dragon. Once you've done that, log in as you, then request to share my drive by entering the drive name: FreedaMop3
keycode: 262770
You'll find four tracks of me with an SG and a POD all in 128Kbps .mp3 format, called:
ed1.mp3, ed2.mp3, ed3.mp3 and yup you guessed it: ed4.mp3 that you can futz around with all you want. Total size is under 3MB for all four. Good luck Mr. Phelps. And when you're done you'll have a place to post the mix! Because you get 20MB free space as well.
Just tell me the drive name you've chosen and your keycode. The password gives you write/delete access, The keycode gives others read-only access.
You don't even need an ftp program; freedrive makes the whole thing pretty easy.

Don't get <too> excited. This assignment isn't the piece of cake it may seem on the surface. While the tracks are already synced up (just load them into Vegas Pro and go) I think you've got your work cut out for you trying to rescue my pathetic doodling. But hey! That's what good engineers get paid to do every day. Enjoy.

ah geez..im getting some error message trying to acces your drive... figuresssss.. ill play with it some more in a little while...
- eddie -

Have you received your confirmation E-mail regarding your account? Once you get to the directory listing on my drive you select the file and click the download button at the top left of the screen above the list of filenames.

i did everything right... i can upload files...but it wont let me access your drive...when i click the " admin " button...i get this message :

We have encountered a corrupt database error. Please log off and re-log on.

i dunno... then i log off and back on...and i get the same thing.... ill try again tommorrow after work... thanks for the help...
- eddie -

alrighty..i tried it again... still no luck... i even started another account with them to see if that would help... but i guess not... im kinda bummed... i was lookin forward to this... but...ill keep trying..
thanks...
- eddie -

The screen you need is just past the "admin"
screen, where you select the Share a Drive tab and enter my drivename, keycode and click the submit request button. But if you're crashing right at the admin screen, I dunno what to tell you. Just for curiosity- what's your drivename/keycode, so I can see if this is doing the same thing to me.

Hey Eddie,

Since I don't record with my computer (I use ADAT), I don't have any multi-track stuff for you to play with but if you want practice making a noisy recording of a tinny guitar sound good, I have one for you to try.
I recorded a short acoustic piece ( not orig.) using the built in mic on a Toshiba Laptop. It sounds like hell, it'd be interesting to see if you can fix it....

Loudnaybor: Why haven't you run some of your ADAT stuff into the computer? Doesn't the ADAT have some analog outs? Aside from the hiss and the levels, the guitar wasn't as tinny as you suggest.

Actually, I have a cable going from the computer to my board already. I only use it for listening to other peoples posts though. I could just switch it over to run from the board instead of to the board, but the sound card in this laptop isn't exactly top notch.
Since I don't have good hardware or software to process mp3 files with, I'm a little hesistant to post the results I'm able to get for all you sharks to rip apart... ;-)
But then I really haven't tried it yet, I just assumed it would suck. Maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Back