WARNING: HUGE DOWNLOAD (Nowhere Radio demo show: 82 mins)

Khompewtur

*Retired*
WARNING: HUGE DOWNLOAD

Waldo was asking for submissions for radio shows a few weeks back. Here's what i sent him. It took quite a bit of time, projects take so long to mix and create mp3's when they're this big.

I'm not really expecting a lot of people to download this but i put it up for maybe a few with quick bandwidth to enjoy.

Basically it could teach me something about the mastering process verses the mixing process. I had everyone's mixes in a big Sonar project and some were quieter some were louder. I basically created two tracks one for mixes not in need of a volume boost and those that did. It was interesting to see what mixes were supposed to look like. I realized that I had made 'Parley' in the shape of a brick. :rolleyes:

If anyone has any opinions on how i might've done as a dj, banter, seqwey of songs, etc.. that would be appreciated too.

If nothing else, i found making a show out of everyone's music very enjoyable. I hope Waldo eventually does make it happen. (forgive me i put a khompewtur song in there) it was my show after all :D ). Everyone sounds great.

The file is about 80mb large and is 82 minutes long. The playlist is below:

"Nowhere Radio Demo Show"

0:00 - Nowhere radio introduction

0:22 - "Excellent Girl" - Alibish
3:19 - "Chasing Rainbows" - Macle
7:29 - "No" - BusterHarris <~~~~ (that would be a cool name, kinda reminds me of Sleater Kinney)

11:34 - Khompewtur dj banter

12:09 - "Gossip Machine" - Samicide
14:34 - "Every Drop of Blood" - 30 Seconds of Shame
18:26 - "Tanto De Quecir" - Carlos Guardia
22:10 - "Spijt" - Tjarko

27:01 - Khompewtur dj banter

27:36 - "False Faith" - CrawdaddySlewce
31:46 - "Perfectly Clear" - Mica Three
34:47 - "Butterfly Kisses" - Piltdown Man
39:20 - "Parley" - Khompewtur

43:25 - Khompewtur dj banter

43:56 - "Dry" - Sluice & PeddyTenderpest
49:41 - "Kidnappings & Amputations" fprod south
52:58 - "Through the Ages "- Erland & Ian
56:00 - "Time to Leave" - Chris Harris / Toki

60:15 - Khompewtur dj banter

61:19 - "Moira" - Smartbox
66:45 - "Breathe" - 30 Seconds of Shame
71:08 - "Private Mess" - Samicide
74:32 - "Storm" I have no idea who did this but this is a great song. Kudos brutha.

78:07 - Khompewtur dj banter

79:00 - "Stupid Song" - MarshaMarshaMarsha

that was pretty funny! naturally I had to skip right to my tunes and commentary.. it's a private mess that I don't want anyone to know about! :D

not the tune I would have picked if asked, but cool to hear something mentioned that sounded like radio! I give ya 5 for taking the time to do this.. too cool!

thanks!

I'm listening to it as a whole now..

BTW, it took 2 mins 15 seconds to download.. anyone else beat that?

B.SABBATH said:

BTW, it took 2 mins 15 seconds to download.. anyone else beat that?
man!You must have a huge connection.Khomp is in the NY area to so that might have something to do with it.It took me 9 mins 47 seconds to d-load it.Thats not bad for a 76 meg file.I downloaded at a steady 136 kbps.I remember the days of dial up d-loading tunes off napster at 2(TWO!) kbps.:eek:

Hehe, funny you posted this when you did... At almost exactly the same time I received a draft of a proposal from the boys in Quebec that want to run a weekly show as well.

I REALLY want to do this, and will, it's just a matter of time (well, mostly money actually, but it takes time to make the money).

Anyways, I won't say anything else, you all know where to get updates!

Keep rocking Khomp ;)

W.

Kramer said:
man!You must have a huge connection.Khomp is in the NY area to so that might have something to do with it.It took me 9 mins 47 seconds to d-load it.Thats not bad for a 76 meg file.I downloaded at a steady 136 kbps.I remember the days of dial up d-loading tunes off napster at 2(TWO!) kbps.:eek:

I downloaded at a constant 150.6kb, and it took me 8:07.... pretty close to yours...

Yeah I remember the dial up days, 3 to 4 kbs for a mp3....:eek:

Listening right now..... about 1/3 way through....

Excellent job Komp, nice intros and fills, and you picked alot of great songs, some of my favorites...

Everything sounds perfect...:)

Last edited:
Khomp,

I did an instrumental called Storm, kind of a surfy sounding song.

Don't know if that's the one your talking about, let me know.

GT

Sorry GT, the mystery song has male vox accopanied by piano and some strings show up later. Slow song, very heartfelt.

I'm thinking maybe after listening to lynx's latest tune maybe it could be him?

DAMMIT people tag your mp3's! :D

Dang Khompy, is there an accent you CAN'T do?:)

A great listen all around. And you've definitely got some DJ skills there, son...

Chris

Khompewtur said:
DAMMIT people tag your mp3's! :D

LOL!:D See attached screenshot

BTW cool show dude, even though it did take 15min to download.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• picture%203.jpg
    picture%203.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 239
too cool! :D

where's the pie? :rolleyes: :D

The version of "NO" that I have seems different though... a little louder...larger...there seems to be a little extra harmony vox on this version too...cool though...

and it's Mika...not mica...Skids and Mika...very cool...

Good job man,
Joe

joro said:

and it's Mika...not mica...Skids and Mika...very cool...

:D

Yeah, and it's pronounced "Mee-ka". There goes our 2 minutes of fame. ;) :D

Thanks for including us in your demo. It's honor to be included amongst such talent. It's great having this to listen to whenever I want too. It's a great collection. One thing I realize though is I have a lot to learn in the recording and mixing department when I compare our song to some of the others. :( :)

edit - Oh yeah, I thought the segways and stuff was cool!

PHUCK - "Every Drop Of Blood" - totally missed that one. That's huge. Still listening; I see a few others that I haven't heard, so I'm looking forward to this.

Khompy - You're an absolute champ for doing this.

Last edited:
chrisharris said:
Ped - You're an absolute champ for doing this.

No Chris, it's:

Khomp - You're an absolute champ for doing this.

Hey Khompy, you pronounced my name correctly! You rock! I feel honoured to be on this playing list.

Thanks!

Back