Waltz+Hard Rock=???

quattro_xxph

THE DANCE OF THE FAERIES by Shining Hathaway

I wrote it in a slightly different time signature (3/4) for most of the movement which will go to move to a 4/4 hard rock style motion in the middle. I added some harmonizing in thirds to make it brighter in some parts. On the theme... lets just say its something very special to the writer and I did my best to make something so mundane sound like it came from a fantasy novel.

As usual, I seek the council of the sages in this here board to again tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance!

ill give this a try and be glad to be the first. wright when the song kicks in around 13 seconds i here some background noises that you might wanna have a look at, sounds like guitar string noises. i might be hearing things though lol. this is interesting it sounds to me like the singer is straining to hard to sing this, maybe just a little outta range. the guitar solo towards the beggining is cool. i like the lyrics alot. i am lofing this so its hard to make mix comments. very cool when it kicks in to gear and does the timing change. but again it sounds like singer is realy straining hard to get this out, please dont take this wrong its just criticism and all im trying to do is help out a little. i realy do like the song alot, one thing you might wanna try is tuning down half a step because the singer isnt straining so bad that it sounds terrible and it would make it alot easier to sing. all and all i realy like this alot. thanks for sharing this and god bless tim pate.

Thanks very much. Unfortunately until last I've been here, I still haven't found a real vocalist thats why I still wing it with my own mediocre voice.

well you definately have a much better voice than i do and you have a higher range than me also.i know what it is like winging it with the voxs. ive never been a singer drummer or bass player just a guitarist but since ive been home recording ive been winging it and loving it lol. thnaks for the listen on my song again and for sharing, like i said i realy like this style and the change in timing is unique if not original. god bless tim pate

Great lead guitar work. I think the song could benefit from some acoustic guitar. Just me. There's some latency issues in there too. Was this done on tape?

I'd use a different distortion on the electric guitar parts too. It's really scratchy sounding.

Vocals - I totally understand the "make it work" metality of the home-recorder. Not as bad as you might think though. Maybe drop the key down a step or 2 to get inside your range better.

Cool western type sound to it though. The vision of the song is on. Drop the key, resolve the latency and remix. Keep at it man.

cool time signature.. nice guitar work.. sounded slightly out of tune in a few of the harmony parts..

vocals have some pitch problems.. I like when it kicks in around 2, but it get's a bit noisy sounding.. the guitars might be a bit loud there..

maybe do some more vocal punches.. cool tune!! I just think you need to go over it a little finer..

Thanks very much.

I think I've managed to get someone to replace those horrendous vocals! Anyway:

- Noise in the guitar
- Timing issues
- Tuning problems (constant problem)

Will do!

It seems no one pointed out too many issues regarding the drums which is the usual problem of my old submissions here and that I already consider that a minor achievement thanks to all the suggestions from this board.

Now is anyone here interested in women's tennis? Because thats what the song was about.

Back