Walk Away Renee

pcstudios

About 13 years ago I recorded and mixed a folk project. At the time, I didn't know a lot about mixing techniques. But I had an ART VLA II and an ART MPA Preamp, both which later I had to sell, unfortunately and I kind of got out the business for awhile. Today I'm not using a nice preamp, just going into a standard audio interface. Wow, those pieces of equipment sure made a huge difference in the quality of sound.

I'm planning on repurchasing an ART product if we ever get the second stimulus check, which will help me a lot. This time I won't be selling it again. I'll probably get the ART Pro Channel II 1-channel eq/comp Tube Preamp. But anyway, I dug out some old files, and I couldn't find the original sessions, but I did find my final mixes in wav form. I added some mastering effects to one of the songs. This is Michael Brown's "Walk Away Renee."

View attachment walk away renee clip.mp3

This sounds great. I find it extremely difficult to mix acoustic songs and so I appreciate every good acoustic mix like this!

This sounds great. I find it extremely difficult to mix acoustic songs and so I appreciate every good acoustic mix like this!

Yep, nice recording and likewise, getting acoustic recordings sounding good is an art in itself. That i am nowhere near mastering

This sounds nice overall --- maybe a little crisp on the high end.

There's an odd noise that's quite distracting to me in the acoustic guitar track. I can't tell what it is. It's a clicking that's happening with every note that's plucked. What is that?

Back