Wake the Giant - Electro indie tune with accompanying "making of" video

famous beagle

Hey y'all,

I posted a quick rough mix of this one a while back in the analog forum. This is the real mix, along with a video showing the making of.
I took a vacation to a cabin all by my lonesome and took a bunch of equipment with me, and this was the result.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wake the Giant - YouTube

Definitely gave me an Alan Parsons vibe with that bass part - gave me an instant flashback to I wouldn't Want To Be Like You.

Well done :)

Nice laid back vibe. Is that a Volca Bass I spy in there? I'm a big fan of Korg. What are the other Volcas you're using?

Nice chilled tune and balanced mix. There's a clarity to everything and bass is really well defined. Vox perhaps a touch dry if i've any criticism. Nice work

Regards
Mark

Very Cool ! All of it. I thought you did a Great job on the vocals as well as the bass. Looks like you have amassed enough equipment to fill a music store , if this is just what you took with you. That was by far the coolest little xylophone I've ever seen. Great job , really liked the video. If you ever do it again include some footage bringing your gear into the cabin setting up the scene. mark

Great vibe, great stereo spread on this and solid tones with all the instruments, especially the low end. I'd love to hear more space in the vocal. I don't know why but "Black Capricorn Day" by Jamiroquai comes to mind. Might be a good reference for this? Might not depending on your intent.

mcmac74: Thanks for comments! I was wondering about the vocal in that regard.

mark skinner: Thanks for the kind words. Such is the case with analog recording! I have a lot more equipment in my home studio as well. :)

CrowsofFritz: Thanks very much!

grn: Thanks for the listen and comments. I agree there could be more space in the vocal. I'm not familiar with that tune, so I'll check it out. :)

Back