Wah Wow Version #356 in a series of 1001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray, too late to listen now. The household sleepeth. And I acteth drunk so I'm sure I'm drunk. :D

Anyhoo, when my system won't allow any more tracks being recording 'coz the system has a latency problem, I just render all to a wave file and then start a new project with only the wave added. This means there's only one file in the project. Now play your heart out and record as many more track as you want. Once you have them the way you want them, go back to the original project, open then new tracks in the project and render all of that to a wave file. :)

You could even try playing in the original project if the system is not too hogged down. :)

Will listen in the AM. Well, I lie - I should be in church in the AM. So probably in the PM.

Vocals seem to be sitting well...guitars sound nice. Song has a nice vibe...the way the vocals sit with the main rhythm guitar. Nice job there. You could probably bring the drums up some, as there seems to be plenty of space for them. Not bad how they sit, but it might just fill the tune out a bit more. Or not. :confused: That's the only specific thing I could think of trying. I like it....nicely done. Lyrics/vocals are well done. :cool:

Ray - computer problems can really slow down the creative process. Hope you've worked them all out now. I like this latest version. The extra guitar in the chorus is very well blended as is the tambourine in its parts...Are you using the same guitar as the original or is it ( I think ) the more recent acquisiton? Sounds good..... How's your vacation going? :D

Gerry,
I haven't worked it out yet just around. The guitar is the replacement of the stolen original all the way from Florida. It ALMOST sounds the same but at least it feels the same. thanks for responding.
Dogman,
Pump up the drums - I'll give it a go. THey are at max at present but I'll go in an either lower everything else by 2dBs or see if I can squeeze out some vol if I normalize the drum tracks. Thanks!

rayc said:
Hi Folks,
Drums are further UP in the mix (normalised the drum tracks & brought down the master volume etc).
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4421331&q=hi
It's officially vacation now as it's Monday morning & I had a "sleep in" until 9am. NICE.
Enjoy your vacation Ray....
The drums are good in this mix, in balance with the rest of the instruments. This tune has grown nicely since I first heard it - with addition of Rami on drums, Terry's lyrics/vocals, tamb, and second guitar and tweaks to the mixes.
Still a bit more work once you get the new vocal track so we look forward to version #358 :D

:) :D :) :D

Sounds good. I'd say raise the vox a little just so they're more comprehensible.

At the start at 0:05 when the vox come in and the cymbal comes out it's a little unsettling for some reason. Maybe pan the cymbal 10% more to one side just so the clash goes away. I say that 'coz when I have that in my tracks, panning cymbals/hats to one side a little more usually fixes the problem.

Anyhoo, this sounds good. The drums really make this piece nice. :)

Gerry,
Thanks mate. I'll probably retire this tune until Terry gets to it. It's been trough a lot giventhat as a 4 track recording it'd sat idle since 1990.
There's another from the same week that has the same, sorry, effect on the guitars. I might pop that up as something to play with in the interim.
It's going to be a stay at home holiday as we're part way through getting termite damage repaired - pesky pests. But not working is a holiday after all so I'll be able to play around until they need to remove the ceiling from my little room downstairs.
BB,
Yeah, I know what you mean about that beginning spot. I'll see what I can do - might be hard given the drums are in stereo. Though I'l mention it to Terry & he might be able to factor the matter in when singing. Thank you kind sir.

rayc said:
There's another from the same week that has the same, wonderful, effect on the guitars. I will pop that up as something to play with in the interim.
Looking forward to another one of these cool tunes... :D

rayc said:
It's going to be a stay at home holiday as we're part way through getting termite damage repaired - pesky pests. But not working is a holiday after all so I'll be able to play around until they need to remove the ceiling from my little room downstairs.
Arghhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry to hear about that. I've heard some stories about the critters there. I guess they don't die off in the winter like they do here, so the colonies just get bigger and bigger.....well enjoy the time off and post your tune when you get the chance.....

:) :D :) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back