Thread: Vultures

Thanks

Vultures

Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok. Some know I am recovering from surgery, so I cant do alot. But I managed to redo the main vocals on the cover of The Offspring tune Vultures. I did this awhile back and it sucked real bad. Now it just sucks. Give a listen and blast me on the vocals. I dont know why I tried something so damn high. I guess because I like the music. Its time to relax. My freakin neck is thumpin. Its on my soundclick site. Link below

Thanks
    Wow man. You make yourself sound like a joke in the start of your thread. I think you got very close to the offspring sound on your vocals. Even the tone of his voice not just that effect or whatever it is. You could work on your pitch a bit more but I'll just blame it on the recent surgery.

I think it came out really well. Don't be so hard on yourself please. Erockrazor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erockrazor View Post
    Wow man. You make yourself sound like a joke in the start of your thread. I think you got very close to the offspring sound on your vocals. Even the tone of his voice not just that effect or whatever it is. You could work on your pitch a bit more but I'll just blame it on the recent surgery.

I think it came out really well. Don't be so hard on yourself please. Erockrazor

Yea alot of people said the lyrics were out of place. But if they listened to the original, thats how they sound (sort of out in space, a little out of tune). Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    i like it, i've heard the original and i actually like this version better. i also was really digging on your cover of "for whom the bell tolls."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heylel shalem View Post
    i like it, i've heard the original and i actually like this version better. i also was really digging on your cover of "for whom the bell tolls."
    My son played drums on that. Its hard for us to get together and jam. He just graduated High School and is now working full time (2nd shift). But he is a huge metallica fan. There are a few parts in that song where we were out of sync, but it was a on the fly thing. I added extra guitar tracks after the original. There are a few Metallica songs he wants to do. And as soon as I learn the guitar parts were gonna make time to do them.

Thanks
    Considering your recent surgery you deliver a fine performance. The beginning is a bit less solid but it warms up nicely very quickly. The background hey hey's are OOT and could use retracking. The mix is pretty spot on, so write down those settings in case you redo the backing vox....

Thanks
    Yea I didnt redo the woohhhh ohhhhh's. I need to..

Thanks
    Goood cover EXCEPT it's not as painful as the original - you've improved it!

Thread Information