Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this vocalist outta tune?

Thanks

Is this vocalist outta tune?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi. I'm working with a young female that hasn't been singing much, but she has an "edge" in her voice that I just love. Several people that has listened to this scetch tune claims she is singing terrible outta tune almost all the time. I strongly disagree.
    What do you think?
    I can hear some sour notes for sure, but overall I think it's not outta tune.
    And never mind the male voice at the end. Thats me just fiddling to find a prechorus.
    Thanks for listening and giving feedbacks.
    Last edited by Emusic; 03-18-2005 at 06:58.
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://wizardsongs.net/]www.wizardsongs.net[/URL] - Power Mac G5 dual 2.5 Ghz, 2.5 Gb ram, logic pro 7.01, Mackie ONYX 400F, AKG C 414 B-XL II, rackmounted Glyph´s 250GB HD´s Firewire 800, Fostex PM-1, Korg Trinity, Motu MX4, BFD, EZD, Akoustic piano, VG II[/SIZE]

Thanks
    I'd say she is right, she is flat quite a bit.. but I hear what your saying...she has a nice sounding voice.. I'd like to hear her sing it with more passion and conviction. Once she developes her voice it will be very pleasing.

I'd like to hear her sing it with more 'rasp' & a little more of a 'sexy' vibe.

Heh, the more I listen to it the more I like it, cause her voice has some charm for sure.

Thanks
    Completely agree with Perdicament - flat quite a bit, but definitely potential, and needs more power in the performance. It almost sounds like she's holding back.
    -] chris [-

"For myself, I can only say that I am astonished and somewhat terrified... astonished at the wonderful power you have developed, and terrified at the thought that so much hideous and bad music may be put on record forever."

Thanks
    I happen to be in the same situation. Younger girl (25) not much experience recording. She seems to go flat or waver on pitch on the sustained notes. We just keep teling her, "It sounds good, but how about one more take.."
    Does she think it's on pitch? If she would do multiple takes, maybe you could piece it together with the best takes. Also, if she tried singing harmony with herself, you could really hear the sour notes. Overall though, pretty good and really a cool tune.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emusic
    Several people that has listened to this scetch tune claims she is singing terrible outta tune almost all the time. I strongly disagree.
    What do you think?

If you don't think she is out of key, then your ear is as bad as hers.

SELECT W.People
    FROM tbl_world W
    WHERE W.Clue = TRUE

NO RECORDS RETURNED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Louddog
    She seems to go flat or waver on pitch on the sustained notes. We just keep teling her, "It sounds good, but how about one more take.."
    Why would you lie to her? Tell her the truth. You aren't doing her any favors by telling her it sounds good.

SELECT W.People
    FROM tbl_world W
    WHERE W.Clue = TRUE

NO RECORDS RETURNED

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone.
    @HangDawg
    Your feedback is welcome of course. But what a feedback. Try to be more specific. Where is she outta tune?
    Not everywhere - thats for sure. If shes outta tune all over, then I must stop with music coz I can't hear it
    She doubled some of the "long" words in the start of the lines and I can for sure hear that those are outta tune.
    And I can for sure hear that I'm outta tune.
    But I have a hard time hearing it when she sings.
    And yeah; I'm frank with her; telling her about these feedbacks and also telling her when I hear she's outta tune. No reason to not tell her; then she won't learn much. Agree on that part.
    Last edited by Emusic; 03-18-2005 at 07:13.
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://wizardsongs.net/]www.wizardsongs.net[/URL] - Power Mac G5 dual 2.5 Ghz, 2.5 Gb ram, logic pro 7.01, Mackie ONYX 400F, AKG C 414 B-XL II, rackmounted Glyph´s 250GB HD´s Firewire 800, Fostex PM-1, Korg Trinity, Motu MX4, BFD, EZD, Akoustic piano, VG II[/SIZE]

Thanks
    It sounds like she's just lacking confidence when she goes for the higher sustained notes in a few areas... Kinda like she's searching and then settling in when she finds a 'spot'.
    One of the greatest vocalists I ever worked with coached me by telling me to always shoot high (sharp) when going for the notes... I was (am) guilty of the same thing when I sing, and that little bit of advice really helped...

Of course, I need waaaaay more than just THAT to fix my voice tho...

Thanks
    :03 to :05 Tell
    :10 Never
    :20 makes no sense (iffy)
    :29 in my .....

and on and on......

I'm not going to do the whole thing. Just about every line has something. Some nit-picky stuff some not. And I'm not being overly critical. It's very noticeable. Even when she is on (or close), she has the tendancy to slur up to pitch slowly which doesn't sound very good either.

SELECT W.People
    FROM tbl_world W
    WHERE W.Clue = TRUE

NO RECORDS RETURNED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HangDawg
    :03 to :05 Tell
    :10 Never
    :20 makes no sense (iffy)
    :29 in my .....
    Tnx
    Some of thouse are the doubled ones. See your point.
    Another one of the female vocalists is gonna meet up with her and learn her some technique one of these days.
    We gonna work on it.

Thread Information