Vocal Review

Rock Star 87

I just recorded a vocal track and after extensive editing, this is what i came up with. Please review or edit if u feel the need or think u could do better, but either way, let me know what u think. Thanks!

Verse Vocals

Uh, dude, this is silly.

Without music it's pretty pointless. I will say that standing alone these vocals really suck. No real intrest or tone, slurred and not enunciated. Monotone and bland. The writing is pale without accompaniment

I'm with Jake on this one...

Let us hear the rest of the tune so we know how it fits in context. Its pretty much impossible to tell if the edits are any good when we don't know what had to be edited (in context with the music).

The track is fairly clean (on headphones), but it seems like there was too much distance between the vocalist and the mic... seems too open and roomy sounding. Also seems to not be very consistent in volume.

Just my $0.02 worth for having not heard the rest of the backing tracks.

Velvet Elvis

What was the extensive editing you did? Vocals are pretty dull. Where is the Music? What is this? Help!!!!!!!!!

You ok dude? WTF is this?

At lease you could have done it all together. I mean 2 min. of blah blah blah...PAUSE...blah blah blah...EVEN LONGER PAUSE...blah blah blah.

Well...Umm...I'm hopped up on pain killers and still this is lame.

but how do I give my vocals more spirit, I've tried everything.when I talk I don't have much spirit or ooohmph in my voice, is there any hope 4 me.

Rock Star 87 said:
but how do I give my vocals more spirit, I've tried everything.when I talk I don't have much spirit or ooohmph in my voice, is there any hope 4 me.

Ok. Obviously you are not getting this. We cannot give you an objective view of anything unless we can hear it in context with the music. To make it simple: POST THE DAMNED THING WITH THE MUSIC INCLUDED!

You DO have music to go with this don't you?

Rock Star 87 said:
Says the troll from beneath the bridge.

By "tried everything" you mean...

The key to "more spirit" is to have more spirit when you sing... or in your case, speak. It's called energy, and to reinforce it, you need to be clear and announciate everything. Though I don't know anything about rap vocals. :P

ur all right. The vocals sucked, and they weren't very energetic. after a lot of work, I figured out what I needed to, thanks for pointing out my blandness to me. As soon as I wrap recording for me and that fuckin' girl who's supposed to sing and never fuckin' has time, which brings me to my next point. If i send someone a rough mp3 of the song, roughly mixed and all in about a month, would any woman out there be willing to record vocals for me, free of charge. I would claim u as a part copyright owner, and if I hit it big, your name will be on the song. and btw, i'll post music next time.

Back