vocal mix question

whjr15

hey guys.... i would like someone to listen to a couple of my tunes, to see what im doing wrong with the vox... all the instruments sound fine, and they sit in the mix great, but the vox just have that infamous "DIY" feel to it lol...they just dont sound natural if you know what i mean...

i would give you my myspace link, but the low quality streaming would probably make it hard to get a grasp of wheter or not its a mixing issue, or just the shitty streaming... but here it is anyway lol...

my myspace music page

the first 2 songs are really the only ones i would like to get feedback on... the other 2 were recorded on SUPER crappy equipment, so i know theres no helpin those...

if anyone could tell me how i could upload, lets say, the WAV files somewhere, so you could hear it without streaming, that would be great.... thanks

-joe

The main problem that I hear is a volume fluctuation on the lead vocals. Once you get them leveled out they will sit better in the mix.

there are some pitch problems too in the intro and some of the verses. if u fix those, it will sit in the mix alot better. possibly an Auto-tune plug-in can help you out, just a lil bit though... good shit on the music.

myspace.com/nextphaze

Chris

I was expecting it to sound a lot worse than it does based on your post. Sounds pretty good to me...and nice tune. I think the vocals would sound more "pro" (if that's what you want) if they were just compressed and brought up a bit, as well as some subtle eq-ing. But it's pretty good, and the rest of the mix is fine to my half-finished ears.

Back