Thread: Virtual Fusion Project

Thanks

Virtual Fusion Project

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have been jammin' with some of the guys from Collaboration Central and we've formed an internet band to play fusion-type music. Here is an original tune just ready for the mix stage.
    Any comments on the tune, performances or mix issues appreciated. Its a big DL, so broadband is suggested. Thanks.

http://jol.zapto.org/Collaborations/...Fred_Mix_3.wma

Gypsy Waltz 2003 Steven Rivera

Steve - keys, composer
    Tom - guitars
    Fred - drums
    Kenny - bass

Thanks
    Well, the DL is not connecting to the server. Almost all of us here use nowhereradio.com , and it is the MP3 Clinic.

My suggestiong is to make this an MP3 and post it on nowhereradio.com ... IF ... you want to increase the number of listens that you get, this is sure fire way to do it.

That will also help your band formation, as the new account at nowhereradio.com , which is free, can be in the band's name.

Some here post MP3 at a quality level as high as 320kbps, and they will get listens, one particular guy is very good though, and well known on the board, you are an unknown here.

I'm just trying to help out here and get you some reviews.

What I'm really interested in here, if you can tell us, is how any revenue is going to be divided amongst the collaborators if anything sells ?

And now that I think about it, it's not really any of my damn business, but it sure would help some of us make some decisions around here, as collaborations are getting very popular on this board.
    Performing and recording with real violin, viola, and cello for bands and artists.

Thanks
    It's a different kind of fusion than I expected. But very nice, Tom.

The lows are a bit boomy, seems like the lows in the classical guitar interfere with the lows in the bass. There are lots of lows in the kick too. You could start by cutting some of those (I'd say: cut some of the lowest lows of the kick, and some of the low mids of the acoustic guitar....better let the lows come from the bass). Bass guitar could use some more definition in general. The cymbal at the left is a tad too loud.

The sound of the synth solo seems a bit out of place. All those acoustic sounds demand a more acoustic sound, IMO.

The individual tracks sound a bit seperated. Perhaps you can solve it by adding the type of kind of reverb to each track. Just to 'glue' them together.

Like the song and the chords, performance is a bit shaky though(especially the synth solo at the end)
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.
    I just tested the download link and it worked fine. Please try again if you are interested in listening.

http://jol.zapto.org/Collaborations/...Fred_Mix_3.wma

I'm sure nowhere and waldo are great.
    I have been using Collaboration Central for free web hosting (100 meg) http://artistcollaboration.com untill I got my own site http://music-tom.com earlier this year.

Thanks again for giving it a shot and your comments.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Pedullist
    It's a different kind of fusion than I expected. But very nice, Tom.

The lows are a bit boomy, seems like the lows in the classical guitar interfere with the lows in the bass. There are lots of lows in the kick too. You could start by cutting some of those (I'd say: cut some of the lowest lows of the kick, and some of the low mids of the acoustic guitar....better let the lows come from the bass). Bass guitar could use some more definition in general. The cymbal at the left is a tad too loud.

The sound of the synth solo seems a bit out of place. All those acoustic sounds demand a more acoustic sound, IMO.

The individual tracks sound a bit seperated. Perhaps you can solve it by adding the type of kind of reverb to each track. Just to 'glue' them together.

Like the song and the chords, performance is a bit shaky though(especially the synth solo at the end)

Thanks for listening.
    The drummer is trying his hand at this mix. I have offered several suggestions so far based on my little speakers at work, so I appreciate your comments on the low end freqs clashing. I think the guitar can safely be rolled off 10 dB/octave from about 125 Hz or so to "notch" it into compliance.

The keyboard man is very into an ELP sound. I also would prefer a more acoustic sound for the synth. I was rooting for vibes.

Thanks
    Freddy's updated mix, incorporating several suggestions...

http://jol.zapto.org/Collaborations/...Fred_Mix_4.wma

Thanks
    Tom,

your files are big and the download is really slow. this might prevent you from having more listeners

still downloading.....

Al

Thanks
    ok, finally got it.

This piece is brilliant!!! The guitar sounds real good, but could use a bit more high end. Drum sound is a killer, a nice studio sound. But the kick is real powerful tho, I wonder if it has eaten up your dynamics. Anyway, the music is really really good. Steve, the composer, really did a great job writing. Of course, you guys's playing made his writing even better.

Great job

Al

Thanks
    Originally posted by A1A2
    ok, finally got it.

This piece is brilliant!!! The guitar sounds real good, but could use a bit more high end. Drum sound is a killer, a nice studio sound. But the kick is real powerful tho, I wonder if it has eaten up your dynamics. Anyway, the music is really really good. Steve, the composer, really did a great job writing. Of course, you guys's playing made his writing even better.

Great job

Al
    Al

Thank you for your generous comments.
    This mix is coming off the drummer's server. It is slow. I apologise.
    I am considering better ways to make the low end seem more transparent without thinning out the low power, likely notching guitar and bass around the kick's fundamental. Your comments are certainly helpful.

Thread Information