Violin, Orchestra, Drum & percussion beat...

James Argo

Fancy Rock N' Roll
Hey, it's been a long time since I post my tune here. It's gonna be a good time to show you up one of my work again :) Yup, this one is cool IMHO... check it out, and tell me whatever you think...

Click this link...

It's called "The Hero"

Thank's
;)
Jaymz

that is a very good arrangement and recording james. I dont what you used since you have the ability to do so much. Sounds like you spent some time in the upper UK listening to some of the local folk classics. Very nice.
Ken

Aah, thanks for come by listening and droping those words, Toki. I tend to mix two different kind of traditional style here. Irish & Malay. The melody is Malay style, while I cover it with Irish arrangement. As usual, everything -from writing, sequencing, performing, recording, and mixing- is done by myself (with a big help of my brother Ryo!!! :) ). We're on our way to accomplish the whole album in this kind of genre. It may be released as indie album soon.

;)
Jaymz

pretty melody

nice arrangement too.the percussion sounds a little weak and distant in some parts but that could be my sound card-lol-overall a very nice job.;-)

Thanks billyboy2674... Indeed, the percussions were coming only on certain parts, but I'll check it again.
Thanks.
;)
Jaymz

Very cool indeed! It's rebuffering a lot on 'stream' so I'm gonna have to listen to it again later after I get home from my gig but I like what I can hear.
I agree with the movie score comment. That's what this sounds like. I can almost see the Ireland flyover during the opening credits. :)
Or alternatively, it would be a good theme piece for one of Disneys' parades at EPCOT.

Interesting take on celtic

Sounds real nice. Good use of space in the mix. Definately has a movie soundtrack vibe.

Nice arrangement.:cool:

sounds really great except the drum sound around 1.25 then 2.30 then you kept it after 3:oo the rest of this work deserves better percussion Jaymz!! Otherwise I wish I could record like as fine as that!!!

Peace
Bill

Damn, Lt. Bob...that is one rippin' cool avatar.

Jaymz - Yours is tough to read, so I'm offering up a more legible one...feel free to hate it; I'm into the graphic art thing this weekend. I posted a couple in the cave in that avatar thread that I started.

Okay - On to Music, lol; Those git sounds you're getting at the very beginning were EXTREMELY cool... (I haven't read the thread, but that was good stuff).

Okay, I realize this probably isn't supposed to be a real drum heavy tune, but I think they sound too small... I don't like the horn sounds much, but I actually do like just about everything else.

This is a complex mix...nice job. Kinda' reminds me of Celtic stuff after the intro.

Later,
Chris

Nice is the right word! Very nice, James...

I love your violin playing! Great phrasing and ornamentation!

Not too fond of the midi sounds, but that's a matter of taste. Although I agree with Chris you could improve it a lot with other drum/percussion sounds...

I really think your compositional skills have outgrown your sounds. Time to invest, buddy!

James - very nice. A lot of work went into this, and it shows. I liked the transitions and the overall feel. I also agree with the comments about this feeling like a movie score.

I wasn't too crazy about the guitar part around 3:00, but I did like the guitar in the beginning of the song very mcuh.

Keep at it, your talent is showing through. This is something to be proud of. :)

roomx :
Thanks, roomx. Sometime I do make soundtrack for local TV movie. Once or two in the year. May be I should consider move to Hollywood for better job. LOL! :D

Lt. Bob:
Disney, eh ? :D Thanks I'm on my way to Hollywood... :D Do you know how much will I get paid there ? :D

M.Brane:
Thanks !!! Now get me some big movie producer... :D

wfaraoni:
Nice ears you got there, fella. I'll try your suggest on the percussion & drums... Thank's for your developing comment !!!

chrisharris:
First, THANKS for the new avatar !!! Looks cool with my new custom tittle... The drums is the famous GoldDrums.sf2 soundfont. But cymbals & Ride are Crash Cymbals 4 MB & Ride Cymbal 4 MB soundfonts I downloaded from thesoundsite. The electric gits was Gibson Les Paul custom, I replaced the Bridge Pick Up with DiMarzio X2N. Korg AX30 floor multi FX... Gee, I didn't even save it to preset... Thank's buddy :)

Pedullist:
Whoops... You damn right. Time to invest !!! But there's so many things to buy these months. A new soundcard to replace my old Delta (I'm sure it would be one of those by Terratec), fix ALL my guitar collection (actually, just two electric & one acoustic), new guitar FX unit, PC upgrade, and may be buy some better electric violin.

Me & wife...
Gee, honey, do we still have couple bucks left ? I need to buy new sample CD collection ?

NOOOO!!!
:rolleyes:

dachay2tnr:
All hail your songs... :) Actually, I learn to "steal" the cowboy style guitar from your songs... You absolutelly did it much much better than I did :) It was you I should thank for, and I'm proud to do so...

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:

Pedullist:
Whoops... You damn right. Time to invest !!! But there's so many things to buy these months. A new soundcard to replace my old Delta (I'm sure it would be one of those by Terratec), fix ALL my guitar collection (actually, just two electric & one acoustic), new guitar FX unit, PC upgrade, and may be buy some better electric violin.

Me & wife...
Gee, honey, do we still have couple bucks left ? I need to buy new sample CD collection ?

NOOOO!!!
:rolleyes:

Errrrr, Jaymz....listen to me. I've heard two or three songs and I think this would be the best order to buy your equipment (list based on what seems to be most important in your music):

-New sample CD collection
-Better electric violin
-PC upgrade (always good)
-New guitar collection
-FX Unit
-New soundcard

Why do you need a new soundcard anyway? That Delta rules right? :)

Why do you need a new soundcard anyway? That Delta rules right?

No... I told about it last months in Computer recording & soundcard forum. I got pretty bad time with my PC. When I was tring to put the optional USB card to my mobo, it caused some electrical failure to the whole PC. I ended up loose ALL data on my previous HD (...and the bad news it was the Audio HD !!!). My Delta smoked. Broken & disfunction. Not to mention the CDROM :( . I had to replaced 'em one by one. Now I got new fast HD (Seagate Barracuda 40GB 7200) and new CDROM (ASUS 50x), and about the time to replace the Delta with something new. So I had to be happy with SB Live! from then (Thank God it survived). And I'll get Terratec this time (as BluesMeister suggest me :) ).

All my guitar is being repaired by now. Replace the fretboard, fix the circuit, and re-paint !!! I don't feel any need to buy new guitar so soon, since I only use it in my studio, and I got HUNDREDS friends here who had outstanding guitar to borrow when I need 'em :). I just have to do them a favour to replace the old strings :D.

> unrelated question

Just curious, what do you prefer?

A broken Delta or an operating soundblaster Audigy?

LOL :D

this is cool, my only complaint is the crash, wish it would sustain longer, and have smoother highs. But, man, this is cool. The violin sounds NICE!

Al

Back