Violin, Orchestra, Drum & percussion beat...

This is NICE!

Cool country celtic feel here. Love the violins and whistle.

No gripes....out of my leauge.

Pretty song, nice mix.

I can see the rolling hills and feel the cool country breeze, beautiful.

dobro
Thank's fella :) Gee, I guess DavidK played alot much much better than me. I was just lucky having my sound closer to what I wanted. When DavidK get his outboard FX instead of those crapy Cakewalk Amp Sim, I'm sure he will beat me in every way :D. Thanks alot, dobro. Coming from you, it's precious for me.

jcmm
Thanks. Just stick around this BBS & away from the Dragon Cave. You'll be there... :D

TexRoadkill
You know what ? I wasn't into the intro that much until it's done. But then again, the intro is the coolest part of the song :D Thanks Tex.

jake-owa
Thanks!!! I knew you're gonna love it. Thanks :)

acidrock
Did I hear... COOL ???!! ACKUS rulez, boys... ACKUS rulez... :D :D :D

;)
Jaymz

Nice stuf Jaymz!!!

I didn't get deep enough into the song to find anything lacking. This thing looped at least 8 times and I just sat back and enjoyed the ride each time. Very nice. I really dig hearing this kind of stuff from time to time. Quite Celtic sounding. I think this one had to hit the keepers folder. It's a great chage of pace for listening for me.

OK..on about the 10th listen...at about 1:30 ish the snare sound is kind of lacking some luster. But it took me that long to hear that. Still to the keepers folder. :D And get the hell out of the XL shirt already would ya ;) :D

Nice work.

Jaymz,

Sorry it’s taken some time to get to this review as I was busy posting a couple of my own and then responding and critiquing folks who had commented on my recent tunes first. I also knew this critique might take some time due to the scope of your beautiful creation.

Your arranging/orchestral classes paid off well! Very homogonous textures. Transitions and dovetailing well attended to. Excellent violin and layering. A wonderful demonstration of your all- around fine musicianship!

The following are purely personal and preferential: I don’t think the intro tied in very well with the main body of the piece instrumentally, thematically or stylistically unless it were accompanying a drastic scene change in a programmatic setting.(film, documentary)

Percussion needs to be quantized in a few spots, especially @ 3:05 to 3:13 (mp3 time). Crash cymbal overused and occurs unnecessarily occasionally (nothing to accent). Most of the percussion samples could be fatter.

Brass patch is thin and piercing, but well written.

I would have liked a little more harmonic variation from a compositional and purely aesthetic standpoint but I do understand it may have distracted from the genre.

On a complimentary note, you definitely ‘got water out of a rock’ orchestrally from such a simple diatonic tune and a few chords remaining steadfast to the key of D! Great arranging!
Very nice counterpoint and supportive melody parts. Of special note is the syncopation used @ 2:06 in the string part which breaks out into a melodic duet with the flute at 2:14.

All in all a job very well done! 5 stars!

Peace,
Ralph

Jagular
Thank's :)

flat-9
Gees.. :eek: You really analyzes my song that deep ? And type all those words for me ? Oh my God... I'm flatered so much :) Thank's for all your comments & words. I really appreciated that so much :) God bless you all.

Love you, Love you, Love you
;)
Jaymz

Back