which version should I go with?

funny stuff!

I gotta tell you though, it seemed like a waste of a good song and melody and recording.. I was hearing some serious vocal over this.. (until I started laughing) :D

B.SABBATH said:
it seemed like a waste of a good song and melody and recording

the real vocal can still be heard if you click on the link to the "primary version." :)

larry (my music partner) and i were just getting started that day to lay the vocals for that tune and i was just trying to get my voice loose. thats where the "alternative version" came from... but i thought it was kinda funny so i wanted to share it with y'all.

:)

-alex

The real one absolutely kills. Great vocal.

Sorry, I'm in a less than funny mood today.

Very cool work.

No mix comments, other than "uh huh."

thanks... i like this song because of its wierd-ass time signature. it doesnt feel all that wierd though in the context of the tune.

i think thats a cool thing to pull off.. and a bit challenging. the best example of this i can think of is sting's tune.. "hung my head"

:: ONE - 2 - THREE - 4 - 5 - SIX - 7 - EIGHT - 9 :: with vinne caliutta vamping off it like a champ.. i love that song.

anyways... this song "such a fine time" isnt nearly as good as sting but the same sort of effect is what we were shooting for. :)

I like the alternate version, it doesnt sound as constrained. Its got more of a natural presence to it. Thats just me though. :)

Alex,
I'm listening to the primary tune for the fifth time right now. Definately go with the primary version.

Of all the songs you have posted, I've seen very little feedback regarding your mixes. I think you have done a great job on all of them. Keep em comin man.

bd

bdbdbuck said:
Definately go with the primary version.

i was never seriously considering going with the alternate version. its just an outtake that amounts to a funny thing to listen to.

i am suprised by how many people actually prefer it to the vocals that were written for the song.

if such a cut were on an album people would think i'd lost my mind. haha

the finished track is in fact the "primary" version. :)
-alex

Last edited:
Back