Vampire Superman

Doug H

I'll be there
One of the tunes I've been struggling to put a cap on for a while. It still needs work but Im moving on for now.

I'm starting to get a bit closer to what I'm going for (I think) although I think I backed off too much on the guitar.

Sorry for the big download, I get pretty flaky encoding on the cymbols unless I go vbr. I'm gonna try and find a setting that's a little more dl friendly.

Vampire Superman

It's a little twisted

Pretty cool DaveO. Vocals could be louder. Also, the rhythm guitar could be tighter, especially the 'chicka-chicka' parts. Some lead parts might add some variation. Interesting patterns though. I like the sound. Funky!

Axe4Yahweh
I was uploading a new mix and I managed to get all the flags unchecked. I had an upload timeout so I might have hosed things a bit on nowhere.

Emeric
Thanks for listening. I've learned a lot about mid range mud trying to mix this one. The vocals were all close miced and the guitar tone sucked so I've been eq'ing and uploading versions all day.

I think I missed the mark with this tune, it's starting to sound long and monotinous to me as well as being awkward and dorkadelic lyrically. This ones been teetering on the "chuck" list for a whle.

If you think it sucks, do me a favour and let me know.

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

Doug;

I got in before the Server Prob and got it downloaded. Guitar tone does not stink Doug. Sounds nice and full for what sounds to me like a Str@. Drums are too loud in comprarison to the rest of the Mix.

Vox is too low. Unsure of yourself? Don't be. Sounds fine. Crank it up.

Tune needs some breaks or a Bridge. It's a cool riff, just needs that something that will make it special. Don't can it!

CR ><>

Interesting title. I thought the drums sounded great, espcecially the snare. The spoken words were a nice addition, but too far back in the mix to be able to hear. Lead singer had a good voice.

The vox were a bit tough to hear. They could be brought up a bit. The rhythm guit was a little on the abrasive side.

And I agree that the song needs a bridge to break it up in the middle.

Something about the harmonies wasn't working for me. The line "you get the love". Not sure I have the words right, but on the word "love" the harmonies sound a little off. Maybe that's what you were going for, but to my ear it sounded off.

My thoughts...

Axe4Yahweh
I've upped the vox a bit and been doing some experimenting with reverb which seems to get them to stand out a bit more without taking over the mix.
"Don't can it!"
Thanks

TripleM
Thanks for checking it out.
The voice over stuff was supposed to be audible and sort of humourous, I thought about cranking them up a bit too.
"Lead singer had a good voice"
thanks.
Yup you got the words right, and it sounds a little off because, well, it probably is. I was kindof hoping it would blend in with all the clutter :)

Nice guitar work again Doug, but it's drowning out the vocal! Man, you are a guitar maniac!

Twist

Doug,

Me likey alot!!

Simple straight ahead rock, hard to beat!!

Nice guitar tone. Guitar is nicely in tune.

You sound very relaxed!!

Great work!!

Now me listen again.

GT

that guitar tone is outstanding! bring it a little more towards the center for us headphone users please :)

Can't hear the singer.

The song gets a little monotonous after three minutes. I want the guitar to do something different after a while. I'm ADD.

twist
:) thanks for checking it out.

GT
Thanks alot.

"Guitar is nicely in tune"
This song was a drag to track because I tended slam the G string pretty hard and throw it out half way through.

erichenryus
"that guitar tone is outstanding! "
Thanks

"The song gets a little monotonous after three minutes. "
Ya, I have to agree. I think if I had some more building rythm and set it back a bit I could get away with the "over and over" thing. I'm still working on it.
Thanks for the listen

Excellent guitar tone! I'm hearing strat into Marshall with a cranked master volume, am I right? How did you mic it? What kind of gear? Love that tone. Some timing issues in the playing though - maybe trying to fit a few too many strums in at the end of some bars. I'd pan it more center too - not just for the headphone listeners.

I like the vocals low - but that's me. You'd probably better turn 'em up a bit.

fprod south
"strat into Marshall with a cranked master volume, am I right?"
Nailed it completely. mex 62 into an '83 4210 (50w combo of the 2205) into sm57. I bother to say 83 because I thikn they changed the design after that year. I believe mine to be of the earlier variety.

There's some sploofs in the guitar track, I sort of have to do one big take and I haven't managed a clean track that had any spirit yet (or a clean track at all for that matter)

Thanks for checking it out

i just listened again. that guitar line is definitely a hook! the rest is kinda blah, but damn that guitar really gets me in the beginning. i think you just need to introduce some variations in that line and you really got something.

the singing isn't doing it for me and neither are the drums, but don't give up on this. the git rules.

Cool! This started life as a guitar riff and I just wanted to "whip something off" I'm going to keep woorking on it

you did a good job tracking the guitar. The eq is a little strong in the lower mids. THe drums and bass could come up much more. Not a bad idea for back trax at all. I`d add another guitar/piano or bass playing a steady counterythym with what your playing though. I feel for it to have that much accent you need something steady behind it to keep the backbone going for it to play around. Go ahead and turn the vocals up and shuck the shy stuff :) You could really turn this into something...

"Go ahead and turn the vocals up "
I actually tried to mix them at a decent volume hmmm.
I've been listening to it again after a rest and I agree about the bass and drums. Some other good thoughts on mixing this kind of tune, thanks.

cool song.. nice guitar!

although the guitar in the left sounds good, it's too strong.. the vocals are too low.. It sounds like your jamming on top of the song as opposed to in it.. cool song but definitely needs to be remixed.. It's also a bit long and got a little stale.. 6 minutes of listening to that same guitar got old by the 3 minute mark.. maybe if it was mixed better..

Back