valve [experiment] (new style for me)

yvesa

evillair
I was experimenting with some new sounds/style of music and came up with this, no vocals- so it's sort of empty right now.
valve
(don't mind the few minor screwups)

Looking for comments on the mix (pretty much everything)

It might sound 'too much' like a certain band...(I always seem to do that when trying a different style, I get 'influenced' a little too much at first) :rolleyes:

setup is like follows;
Drums : Reason
Bass-> guitarRig2
Guitar->Boss SD-1-> GuitarRig2
Some post plugins in Sonar.

comments greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

Listening...

Drums sound real good, I should mess with Reason. The guitar at the beginning sounds thin.
Good bass sound. ]

Hard to judge the tune without vox, sounds like Kashmir. The sound quality is very good, look forward to the completed version.

First off, cool piece. Yeah you do sound like that certain led, I mean band. But heck it's just a fun track. The playing is pretty cool.

The guitars do sound thin in the beginning but once it starts I kinda dig the thin sound. :) Maybe the heavier kick is offsetting it. :)

Overall sounds good. :)

Actualy the thin guitar stops once the drums start in (I switch to the normal guitar sound). It comes back near the end then stops again when the drums come in again.

Thanks for listening

Nice punchy drums and funky bass - both really nice and both contribute to a driving rhythm section - nice job.

I wonder if the normal guitar sound would fit better in the beginning to fill it up a bit - just a thought.

Good tune overall...... :)

Drums on this thing sound just great.

In general, everything is right where you need it. Punchy bass, nice guitar sound, good balance, nice low end. Well done. :cool:

I liked it dude. But there is somehting about that snare that is just over the top for me.... like a Phil Collins super compressed snare. Do you have a pre-delay or a non-linear reverb cranked up on it? Either way it's just a bit too much I think, maybe too loud. Sounds great though :)

I like the thin guitar in the beginning - I'd say to make the transition even more dramatic. The drums and bass could really pound you when they come in.

And the drums sound like someone bashing away at a kit. I also like the driving bass/drum support to the song.

I think that this sort of sounds like Tool, is that the band you had in mind?

Back