Update on Chaos tune

HangDawg

bUnGhOlIo
I finished tracking. There is now a whooop ass(IMO) guitar lead in there. A few other tweaks. Removed some eq'ing and compression that wasn't really doing anything. Things may have opened up a little.

Chaos

Yo HangDawg - your right that is a whoop ass solo. I could only listen to it on headphones at work, so when I get home I'll give it another listen. Cool song !

Hey HangDawg - Sounds great. The only thing I could hear that could maybe use some work was the acoustic gtr.

Great song. The sound of the solo reminded me a bit of Randy Rhoads.

I think you are right. Some others mentioned the accoustic as well. It is a little weak.

I played the first 4 measures of the lead twice (ala Randy) and panned them slightly. I hear that's what he used to do alot.

There's some really weird high-end stuff going on in the acoustic and the (drum buss? overheads?).

Of all the tunes I've heard here that the guitars are too wide for the stereo image, these could actually come out a bit more. That's cool...

Guitar break at 2:20 nice and wide...

Kewl lead... Maybe could come back a bit - OR - might sit better if the guitar wash was wider and a whisker louder...

Nice...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Not wide enough ehhhhh? I was careful not to do that this time. I wanted them to be huge without the huge spread. I think I know what happened to the high end. I hate to say it but, uuumm.........................

ahh..............................

A preset

Damn I should know better:(

Could the strange high end you are hearing be .mp3 artifacts? I don't hear it on the .wav file. Even though it is a little crispy, there's nothing strange going on.

Could be... Hard to tell - Sounds like compression, and some MP3 encoders certainly do step on the highs...

JS -

I did put a comp on a submix of the drums. About 6db of compression and mixed it in with the original tracks. Could that be it? Maybe in combination with encoding. Hmmmmm I'll have to listen to the .mp3 on my monitors when I get home.

very nice... I like this , its real clean too.
Id like to hear alittle more of the bass tone around 400 , to give it a touch more edge. The kit sounds good but up in the cymbals it sounds like the 8+k region is pushed a bit much and the compressor is holding it. I agree that the mix is phat and strong enough to pan it on out a little and make it a bit more cinematic...nice playing..

Back