Update of Breathe with Vocals

Fender

Here is the almost updated breathe with vocals. There is very ugly distortion of the vocals at some points of the song but I am getting rid of it but tell me how it sounds aside from that.

Adam.
www.i-drive.com

Username: serbod
password: hello

Me again. I like the guitar player and the singer basically. The arrangement of the new one's better than the previous fragment. I miss the organ at the beginning big time. I liked the sound you had on the bass on the first one better.

What if you had the shaker going throughout?

Finally, and most importantly, what if the guitar stepped back and let the singer take center stage when the energy comes up? There seems to be a bit of competition between guitar and vocal, like she's working to get heard. Are you sure she's just your sister? Damn...

You're onto it with this one.

I liked the arrangment, but didn't get to hear the first one so I can't comment on that. The distortion is distracting, but I assume you will be fixing that. The song has a nice energy. Great vocals. How old did you say you were again?

Layth

Hi thanks for your comments. I'm in the process of getting rid of that ugly duistortion. Were adding harmonies now and its sounding better. Its wierd, now that I listen to it again I notice a lot more, like one guitar is too loud etc, I guess its good to listen a day after rest. The bass is actually the same as the old one but I probably changed the compression or eq, I'll try to get that original sound back. When you say the guitar should come down do you mean in the verses or the chorus? I was having a lot of problems with the volume of the voice, when I turned it to the volume I wanted it peaked like crazy. I guess I have to turn everything down. Well stay tuned as I will be posted the FINAL, yes the FINAL copy of this song. I'm recording this CD for my granparents for their 50th anniversary so I want it to be really good. They havent heard my sister sing yet so it should be a big suprise. If your interested, when I'm done the CD it will be posted on www.mp3.com or somehting simmilar, but I'll let you know when its out. It will have that song plus probably one more vocal song, don't know which one yet, and some jazz and some other cletic type pieces. Its a variety CD.

Thanks a lot again.

Adam.

PS: oh ya I'm 18.

Oh ya the organ, thanks for letting me know about that. I don't know where it is???????? I must of muted it by accident? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Fender (edited 04-16-2000).]

Hey man,

Good energy. I think you've acheived the energy you were originally going for (or at least the way I imagined it)

Redo the vocal though, I wish I had a sister that could sing like that, it would make recording a lot easier! It's always a pain for me to get ppl to come over to my house to record.

Let us know when you've got something new.

Lip

One more thing, only colaterally related, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that digital distortion is bad for your speakers.

Wonder if that's true.

Back