unwanted noises...

Jags

I've noticed a weird noise in one of my songs. It only happens in the chorus, and I think it's only in the 128kb mp3 version, not the original wav. It's almost like a slow electronic helicopter sound. Is this a known phenomenom, is there a way to get rid of it/prevent it?

You may be able to hear it.

http://www.mp3.com/jags

The song is the great insides.

Thanks

Jags

PS I've rerecorded the song in a higher key to better accomodate my voice and the smae thing happens. It's the old one that's on mp3.com so far though.

Verify whether it's on the original material, or if it only appears on the mp3. mp3 is secondary.

Then maybe someone can comment.

I'm no expert in the realm of MP3s, however, I do know that I too have experienced strange outcomes in contrast to the original material, including helicopters, and almost subliminal sounds that I originally thought may have been secretly placed there by "Big Brother". Alas, It was one of the countless settings attributed to ripping the MP3. I agree, some plain language on MP3 ripping would be helpful here too. Tom

OK, it definitely doesn't occur in the wav, that sounds very clean, not so the mp3, it is just a quality issue? I don't think I've noticed it in 128 mp3s of proper bands.

What encoder are you using? At 128kbs, the Frauhofer codec is about as good as you will get, and you don't get weird artifacts.

Cheaper codecs will do funny things to funky mixes.

I hear all sorts of chirping sounds during the verses, so you may need to investigate where you are having a problem with A/D/A conversions, and monitoring, because it sounds like you eq'ed the hell out of this mix to make everything sound "shiny". That much applied eq will make a lot of compression schemes go batty!

Ed

Back