unique voice...

Maybe you're like many (including some supahstars I'll bet), who find it hard to get used to their own voice. All you can do is keep recording and try and get comfortable with it...

Besides that you have another great tune happening here. I was checking out the lyrics over in the songwriting threads - great songwriting. That banjo is perfect for this. I really like your vocals and the effects/reverb you've got on them too. They sound really big and full. Very cool....

thanks for the feedback ido i listened to your stuff on soundclick...

its got a late 70s rock feel i like ...

what do you record with??

Hmmm ... well let me first say that I don't agree that your voice is unique in a bad way. I think you have a pretty nice voice, and I would argue that it's not terribly unique (but not in a bad way, lol). I mean, there are some people that don't have a terribly unique voice, but it doesn't detract really (like ... I don't know ... most country singers I guess). Anyway, that's all subjective anyway. I think your voice is good, and I personally don't think you need to feel insecure about it. It's good and it will only get better.

The issue I had with this is kind of two-fold.

First, IMO, I don't necessarily think the quirky second chord in the verse sets the mood very well for these particular lyrics. I found it distracting and it seemed as though it got in the way of the story.

Secondly, I think the melody could have a greater scope. It pretty much stayed within the same range of about a 4th (F to Bb) throughout the whole piece. I kind of wanted to hear it blossom a bit more somewhere. The Bb note was a little worn out IMO.

I really like the idea of the banjo and liked the part, but it sounded really dark and a bit muddy to me.

Other than that, I liked the basic recording sound, I liked the story, and the vibe was cool. Nice job.

my 2 cents

thanks beagle, critical and constructive...

i really respect that. i know what cha mean about the chord progression... what i think tht kept me from doing it was the fact that it felt really jazzy and shall i say... maybe even relaxing so i didnt want to upset the listener from the groove too much with a drastic chorus...

i am rerecording this though so no worries this was a one shot one kill kinda deal. i just wnted to get it out while it was fresh you know?

all these comments will determine the make up of the finished product...

Back