Unfinished recording, Need criticisms

CCCCCccooooooooooolllllll song.

Whoever is singing lead...you have a really cool and unique voice (and you sing in pitch!!).

The vocal is actually too out front, and the drums could come up a bit for my taste. I love the backups, but maybe some chorus or something would make them blend a little better.

I hate drums, and I love vocals, so the fact that I'm asking for the levels to be inverted should tell you something. When the vocal starts, I can hardly hear the rim shots; it's better when the snare starts, but the vocal could still be pushed down JUST A TOUCH. I won't comment on the kick until you add a bass. You'll repost, right?

Okay, cool song. Did I mention that? You have something original sounding here, even if I do always wanna' compare you to Counting Crowes...SUE ME.

ok the panning in the beg is a little too much maybe just make it a little more subtle...
nice voice.....really a nice voice...harmonies are right onthe money.
i like the feel of this song....the drums could come up a bit too...my winamp is messed up but to me the whole mix seems just a tad low......but especially the drums........great song none the less.....hell my mixes are crap...so ..take this for what its worth..:D ...the high tom fill really loud....in comparison......cool little guitar run on the end.....nice work.

pretty cool song ..i would prob pay to hear it live!..

thanks
jamal

Drop the panning thing at the beginning and just let the feedback intro part flow across the speakers..... Guitar tones are nice.

When you add a bass it is going to eat more of the drums space so that is going to be a challenge mix wise. Singing is great.......BG vox are really nice! I love the way they are used almost as an instrument carrying the melody.

A great start!!! Would love to hear it when its done!

Joel

Liked the song very much. Listened to it several times. I'm a fan of CCM. Vocals are the stand out. Melody is good and delivery real good. And I like and "get" the lyrics.

I agree the lead vocal is a little to hot in the mix... but the vocals are are what sells the song. Sounds like the guitars were direct line out of the processor... and it works okay here. After the start, musically for the most part it's just chords except for the vocals. A guitar melody line that compliments the vocals might be nice? Something similar to the vamp part after the series of breaks. I liked that part... just needs more of it. Drums need to be louder for sure.

Bass will help carry the low end. And I would add key's playing cords just filler (like a synth or organ... not piano). Mixed in the background .... almost unnoticable... but there to keep an even flow and just tie everything together.

Nice song. I look forward to hearing it finished.

Thanks for the comments, yeah I went a little crazy on the panning on the beginning guitar intro. How is the panning on the rest of the song? I recorded the guitars by micing the amp, do they sound processed?

The guitar tone is great. The panning at the beginning doesn't work. The drums definately need to come up. Just a matter of personal preference but I feel the backing vox need some reverb to push them back a bit. Great tune by the way. This kind of reminds me of The Babies.

Well, I wanted to listen, but for some reason you were only able to listen in hi-fi (which, unfortunately, thanks to my connection speed, I am not able to do ... someday I'll move up into 2002)

Anyway, I listened to "We Could Have Been Great" instead :)

I like the feel of this. You have a good voice and sing well. I especially like the arpeggio guitar playing at the beginning.

The drums sound like they can come up a bit in the mix, but they sound played well. I also couldn't make out the bass too well, but that may just be because it is in lo-fi...

I like the songwriting and arrangement on this.

Nice job! :)

kill some sub 100hz on the drums and give it some mid-upper-mid boosting...just the remove the flat and over punchy ness

Back