Underwater-Lounge

Halion

Hi guys, I thought I'd share some of my stuff again.

This piece is called Whale Song. It is for a project called Architects of Air (google it). In the beginning, you hear 3 sounds, a hi-synth arpeggio, which is meant as a background layer, and 2 different synth sounds. Those 2 are suppost to symbolize whales calling. The slow one is a lost whale trying to find it's way home. The other higher, faster synth is the family of whales looking for their lost kid. The calls of the kid and the family are triggered by sonar sensors in a round, inflatable space (check out the Architects of Air website to see what I mean). If that happens about 20 times, than the symphony of the whales finding each other is played.

It's suppost to be an easy interactive chill-out piece. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Nice tones from that synth. The effects, echo/reverb, give it a real underwater feel. I like the way the familiar melody slowly makes its way into the piece, and the way the "whales" sing all around the melody. Cool build up in the end. Excellent work Halion...... :)

First of all it sounds GREAT to me.
I was listening to your song for a while but did not really have any ideas what how to comment it.
Now I can tell that I don't see beginning, culmination and end of story but I'm sure that you wanted it to be this way.
It sounds like background music.
Very nice production.

sikter calls it background music, i call this ambient. it reminds me somewhat of stuff ryuigi sakamoto did right after the yellow magic orchestra split (when my memory serves me well).
but just like sikter i had no idea what to comment since there is nothing 'wrong' with it and i like ambient.
now i do : it's too short!!! sikter couldn't see beginning, culmination and end of this story but thats just because this sounds like the beginning of a much longer piece.
very nice. (of zoals we in antwerpen zeggen : goe bezig! :D )
more please?

Very interesting piece. I have no real comments, but it sounds pretty cool. Nice spacey feel to it. I can see the underwater scenes, and some slow motion movements. Very cool.

It's a close relative to "classical" program music. Kind of pre Who & Pretty Things concept music - describing & colouring a written story with sound.
Nice.
The really high pitches rotating tone near the beginning might be troubling for some ears.
Cheers
rayC

Dude, no suggestions here, just wanted to say that I loved it :cool: Cool stuff, I like the feel and the way the synth fills things up around 2:00.
Cool listen :cool:

Man, this is really cool. Mixing and production wise I don't have anything to add.

But the underwater quality to this piece was captured very very nicely. Very successful.

I really like the synths around 2:00 - 2:12. What is that a keyboard or soundfonts on the computer? Sounds really great. :)

Sounds like movie music that we hear in movies. :D

Thanks guys :)

The high rotary synth thing in the beginning is a bit shrill indeed, but I'm gonna make everything even more shrill. The reason beeing that it's gonna be played through speakers outside of an inflatable building (kind of like a bouncy castle), so the whole thing is probably gonna act like a fairly heavy low-pass filter. Things should be less shrill inside, which is the point. We'll see tomorrow when I get to test it.

This thing is made entirely with freeware plugins, btw. 2 freeware synths and a freeware reverb.

Back