Understanding

I can't hear any background electronic noise. When the song is at its loudest I feel like there's some clipping on the vocals and/or cello.

Edit: I had my sound settings overdriven on this laptop. Sounded good once corrected. Really like how the mix fills the audio space out.

Last edited:
I didn't notice any excessive noise.

I like the song, and the performances are all really nice.

I have one bit of constructive criticism, in case you're looking for that.

It has to do with the vocal melody a few times. At around 0:16, you go to the major 3rd (G#) with the line "And as I watch the fuel dial..." This is very cool on "and as I...," which happens over the I chord (E), and I dig it a lot. My issue with it happening again right afterward on "watched the fuel dial..." is that the chord at that point changes to the bIII chord (G), which clashes with the G# in the melody.

My suggestion would be to change that melody on "fuel dial" to go down to G natural instead of G#. Alternately, you could just go down to A instead, but I think going down to G natural would sound really cool.

This same exact thing happens in the later verses (or at least one more verse, I can't remember), too.

Anyway, those are my two cents. I wouldn't bother to mention all of this if I didn't like the song and think it was worth polishing.

Thanks for sharing!

You have a great singing voice. I really like it. The vocal tone on this one is a little boxy. I haven't heard that on your recordings before. The vocal sounds much more present than the guitar or other instruments.

The guitar is a bit boxy too.

The strings were ok. The low end is a bit too strong IMO. I'd keep things a little lighter for a mix like this.

I enjoyed the tune. It was a very nice song.

Cool track. Melodies and arrangement are excellent. I like that cello. That electronic noise is ruining it though. :D J/k lol I can't hear a thing. Nice job

Great voice and tension. Sort of Nirvana-y without the gravely voice. I agree with the poster above that the vocal melody meanders into some questionable notes here and there. But it's very cool overall. Feels like this is just an introduction. The vibe is very tense, waiting to burst. I kept expecting the whole band to erupt and break the tension: drums, guitars and everything. Maybe that's not your vision, which is cool. But it has the potential for it. Nice stuff.

Back