Ugly Fruit

I tried to stream it. "Waiting to be cleared" that's the message I'm getting. The first time you put something on soundclick there's a waiting period of about 24hrs. After that, everything uploads to your page immediately. I'll check back

Good tune. Sounds like Godsmack.

I think the mix isn't bad, but the drums seem to "stick out" a little, especially the cymbals.

I like the song. I"m on new speakers so, no comments on the mix because my frame of reference is off. Good heavy stuff. nice voice

RyanEmerson said:
Good tune. Sounds like Godsmack.

I think the mix isn't bad, but the drums seem to "stick out" a little, especially the cymbals.

listen to it again using headphones and see if you still think that the drums are sticking out.

I agree about the drums sticking out. They are definantly more out front than the guitars/bass.

"listen to it again using headphones and see if you still think that the drums are sticking out."

I would think this statement is irrelevent since in most cases people aren't listening on headphones?

Sounds pretty good other than the drum levels. Nice job on the tracking.
I found the song pretty boring/repetitive (the first one on the page). The overall skill/performance just sounds pretty average and done without energy. You didn't say if you were in the band or not so I guess you may not care. Good work on the recording end.

Wireneck said:
I agree about the drums sticking out. They are definantly more out front than the guitars/bass.

"listen to it again using headphones and see if you still think that the drums are sticking out."

I would think this statement is irrelevent since in most cases people aren't listening on headphones?

Sounds pretty good other than the drum levels. Nice job on the tracking.
I found the song pretty boring/repetitive (the first one on the page). The overall skill/performance just sounds pretty average and done without energy. You didn't say if you were in the band or not so I guess you may not care. Good work on the recording end.

i think you listened to the song "real man"... please listen to "ugly fruit" (4th song down). thanks!

I listened to it and replied over "yonder".
Nice stuff dude. I'd jus like to hear a little brighter high end on you vocals and guitars..

Toki987 said:
I listened to it and replied over "yonder".
Nice stuff dude. I'd jus like to hear a little brighter high end on you vocals and guitars..

thanks for the feedback and taking time to listen.

we had to trim the high off of the gtrs due to 'sizzle', and the lack of brightness on the vocals is due to some effort in the doubling and compressing... really, this project was insane and i'm lucky anything came out of it at all.

Massive Master said:
I'm with Toki (again... Hmmm...) - Seems a little "tight" in the guitars & vocals... They need to "be in the same room" as the drums.

Pretty cool tune...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

yeah, we pushed the drums out front because he is such a talented player and we wanted to put our best foot forward so to speak.

I thought the guitarist would be the best foot forward, and the guy who mic'd the kit was good.

I dunno, not my genre musically, but why are the vocals so deep in the mix? I want to know what he's talking about.

DigitalSmigital said:
I thought the guitarist would be the best foot forward, and the guy who mic'd the kit was good.

I dunno, not my genre musically, but why are the vocals so deep in the mix? I want to know what he's talking about.

DigitalSmigital,
thanks for taking the time to check out the song. the guitarist is definitely a solid player, but at the time we thought that the whole track was junk and decided to push the drums forward just to showcase the drummer's talent.

Back