Two Songs recorded (Indie/Soft Rock)

Synae

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about these songs I recorded recently. I was going for a really soft kind of sound.

http://www.purevolume.com/cartermahnke

Thanks!!

By the way, I used Logic 7 to do it all. I figured out the best way to BS a bass on a regular guitar. I just played it fingerstyle, then used the pitch shifte to lower it an octave, with all bass amp and EQ settings on. Good budget bass sound.

Listened to Soft Landing

And I have to say I am really impressed with both your sound quality and the performances. Is this all you overdubbed? What are you doing for drums? Loops? They don't necessarily sound real, but they don't jump out as a drum machine or anything. They sound really good actually. It reminds me a little or Cave In or actually Steven Brodski, and possibly Bright Eyes.

I just finished the other tune as well. I like the first better, but they were both solid. You plop those right onto an album and sell them at your local record store. Good work.

Hey man thanks a lot! Yeah, all the vocals are me, I just had two tracks for harmonies ect... The drums are just software instruments, so thats why it sounds half real, real sounds, just sampled. I couldn't get a good enough sound recording my set so I just used that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Soft Landing -- I like the general vibe here -- melodic, shifting, and so on. The vocals are really buried, and that's too bad, cuz you seem to have a nice voice. Can't make out any lyrics, though. I really like the building toward the end. Nice job!

All the Old Games has a cool guitar throughout. Again, I can barely make out the vocals. Don't be timid -- get them out front!

I checked out the photos on your page, too. I like those light drawings. Very cool stuff. I have a few of my own here, if you're interested.

Take it easy.

Thanks man, I love your site. Thats cool you have a music/photography site too, haha. I'm gonna check out your music. I decided to take you guys' advice and bring the vocals up front, I was a little shy at first, but it really makes a big difference. I will post those versions later.

Synae,
Softlanding - nice soft focus music. Needs a little bit every now & then - a guitar noodle or something to give it a change in dynamics.
Good work
Cheers
rayC

Back