Two new (original) songs by me!

propman

I wrote these two songs when I was 14, but never recorded them because I couldn't figure out how to treat them. Now I figured it out, and they turned out pretty well. I think they may be two of the best songs I have ever exploded out of myself! :D Take a listen.
I'm A Strange Man
The People Who Hate You

-Adam.

Strange Man: Amusing - though I reckon it'd do well with a more sinister treatment like Bowie's All The Madmen from The Man Who Sold The World. As it is I like the tempo change & the faux fairground vibe from the arrangement (touches of Sgt Pepper's). you should probably get some perspective from folk with mental health issues - many will find this similarly amusing and other will wish to correct your understanding.
People Who Hate Me: This is very cool - has a Harry Nilsson sense of juxtaposition (I'd Rather Be Dead, Back 2 Back, Spaceman) and an interesting story - it'll be popular with antitelemarketer folk too! Would it be possible for just one chorus to have the lines from the answering machine treated with EQ to repro a phone effect?
I like the boom at the end.
Adam, your sense of TMBG informed fun shines through both of these. Side by side the instrumentation & arrangements are a little too similar but that's no biggie - they can be taken as separate units after all.
Your voice is really improving!

Strange Man: Amusing - though I reckon it'd do well with a more sinister treatment like Bowie's All The Madmen from The Man Who Sold The World. As it is I like the tempo change & the faux fairground vibe from the arrangement (touches of Sgt Pepper's). you should probably get some perspective from folk with mental health issues - many will find this similarly amusing and other will wish to correct your understanding.
People Who Hate Me: This is very cool - has a Harry Nilsson sense of juxtaposition (I'd Rather Be Dead, Back 2 Back, Spaceman) and an interesting story - it'll be popular with antitelemarketer folk too! Would it be possible for just one chorus to have the lines from the answering machine treated with EQ to repro a phone effect?
I like the boom at the end.
Adam, your sense of TMBG informed fun shines through both of these. Side by side the instrumentation & arrangements are a little too similar but that's no biggie - they can be taken as separate units after all.
Your voice is really improving!
Strange man: Thanks. Great to have touches of SGT. Pepper. My understanding as it were, is not all that out there. I have had my run in with mental junk, and I get it. I have a touch of OCD, and a bad case of panic attacks a while back which I am very glad to have gotten over. I know that the lots of parts of the info given in the song don't ring true, but it's fiction. That's why it doesn't.
The People Who Hate You: Hmm. I really like your faux phone idea. If I'm not to lazy tomarrow, I may give that a try. And, I'm glad you like the boom! :D
Thanks loads man.

-Adam.

Adam,
The second track might be a fun one to post onto my "download and mix" site - if you're willing to share the individual tracks - to let folks play around with. I know I'd love to record some real drums for that tune!

I'm a Strange Man is a cool song. I think the choice of keyboard patch fits it well. The song reminds me of Jordan D.....:rolleyes:

I've updated the mix on The People Who Hate You. Just follow the original link. I have used Rayk's suggestion (which I really like), and did some other stuff.

Adam,
The second track might be a fun one to post onto my "download and mix" site - if you're willing to share the individual tracks - to let folks play around with. I know I'd love to record some real drums for that tune!
I am really iffy about doing stuff like that. I may, but the chances are slim. Thanks though! :D

I'm a Strange Man is a cool song. I think the choice of keyboard patch fits it well. The song reminds me of Jordan D.....:rolleyes:
Lol. Thanks. On a side note though, I don't know if I believe Jordan or not, but if he is being real, he does need help, and I am being completely serious.

-Adam.

Very amusing tunes, Adam! :D
Nice tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Very well produced and arranged. Yes, shades of Beatles all around and that's good.....great singing. Yes I did think of Jordan when I heard them....:D
And he really does need help.
Once again well done!

Joey :):):):)

Very amusing tunes, Adam! :D
Nice tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Very well produced and arranged. Yes, shades of Beatles all around and that's good.....great singing. Yes I did think of Jordan when I heard them....:D
And he really does need help.
Once again well done!

Joey :):):):)
Thank you very much Joey!:D

-Adam.

Nice stuff Adam. I'm kind of lukewarm on "Strange Man", but the "People Who Hate You" was great.
I am kind of lukewarm on that songs myself. I could have done something better with it, but I more or less left it as I wrote it about 2 and a half years ago. I really like the was "Poeple Who Hate You" came out, and I'm glad you like it! :D Thanks!

-Adam.

Propman,

Really impressive. "Big" vocal sound. The keyboards are whimsical without being corny. I like when you kick into the waltz beat. Good mix. It really sounds "old timey."

The whimsical feel for "I'm a Strange Man" really fits the title well. The intro reminded me of super nintendo while the song reminded me of a 50's song - a very interesting juxtaposition.

Adam,
Rework of PWHY - the sound effects are spot on - not over done - the rhodes solo is ACE! I had a Rhodes piano - loaned it to a friend (must've weighted 100lbs) & never saw it again.

Adam,
Rework of PWHY - the sound effects are spot on - not over done - the rhodes solo is ACE! I had a Rhodes piano - loaned it to a friend (must've weighted 100lbs) & never saw it again.
Thanks man! And sorry about the Rhodes. They should be put away for taking it!

-Adam.

Two very nice tracks. :).

The Strange Man song is pretty catchy and it's pretty funny while retaining good musical arrangement and playing and beat.

The shaky vocals are very nice touch and sound really cool.

The People Who Hate You song has a very neat groove. It plays cool. Could do without the super low register voice stuff at 1:27. But the song has some pretty cool musical stuff. The keys are really cool.

Good tunes, allthough as most I liked the last one the best.

very freakish vox and effects, I really dug it.

You`ve got a great talent there, your singing is awsome.

and the rhodes lines were just brilliant:cool:

Two very nice tracks. :).

The Strange Man song is pretty catchy and it's pretty funny while retaining good musical arrangement and playing and beat.

The shaky vocals are very nice touch and sound really cool.

The People Who Hate You song has a very neat groove. It plays cool. Could do without the super low register voice stuff at 1:27. But the song has some pretty cool musical stuff. The keys are really cool.
Thanks! as for the last, at 1:27, I really like that as a personal preference. I just wanted to have something there that sounded trippy/surreal. I'm glad you liked it though! Thanks for the comment. :D

Good tunes, allthough as most I liked the last one the best.

very freakish vox and effects, I really dug it.

You`ve got a great talent there, your singing is awsome.

and the rhodes lines were just brilliant:cool:
Thanks! :D

-Adam.

Back