Two of a Kind by The Mighty Lonelys

pitol678

Here is a song my band and I recorded the base tracks Live (acoustic, drums, lead guitar and bass) into a Tascam M520 routed into a Tascam 388. This was only the second time we'd gotten together to play it so the transitions aren't 100% perfect (nor is the song for that matter) but I liked the rawness of it so it's the take I wanted to keep. I'm particularly curious about the low end if anyone wants to chime in, but feel free to mention anything else thats glaring, thanks!

Two of a Kind - mix 1 | The Mighty Lonelys

I'm on headphones and the low end seems to be at an appropriate level, certainly not too loud. There's a couple of spots that could be a little tighter between cymbal crash and the rest but it does have a live feel. I think you did a good job getting the vocals to sit where they are, good clarity and not too loud

I'm on headphones and the low end seems to be at an appropriate level, certainly not too loud. There's a couple of spots that could be a little tighter between cymbal crash and the rest but it does have a live feel. I think you did a good job getting the vocals to sit where they are, good clarity and not too loud

Thanks! I think next time we'll do more rehearsing, but for this album I really wanted to see what we could get in the moment. It was a whole lot of fun to record

Back