Tune still under development

therage!

Wicked Machine
The first thing I've got to say is that I am NOT a singer. I have a singer (he also plays drums and other instruments) but he's working on solo stuff so I'm taking this time to work on some of my own stuff.
If anything I would really like to find a singer to work with on my solo projects.

This tune has a blues foundation and wouldn't mind some feedback from you guys on the recording or anything else. But don't knock the vocals, I only put them in to get the point across.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/discography.php?aid=2377

Derek

somewhere around the 1 minute mark when things changed, they started to clip.. it got worse as it went on.. listen to the solo.. the rhythm underneath is clipping.. maybe it's the whole mix.. over limited maybe? it's hurting your recording..

Thanks B.SABBATH,

I've got an earlier version that I didn't do any limiting to and it sounds better. I'll go back and go through it again. The guy I work with has much better engineering skills than I do! :) Back to work I go...

dl'ing right now... 47%... wow... 7mb... :D (will edit this post when it finishes)...

...okay, it's 20 minutes later... downloaded!! (on better than T1 speed... oh well :))

Sounds cool... I'm thinkin the rhythm guitars have a bit too much low sludge... but since I can't tell if there's a bass in there.. maybe some of that should stay? Mmmm....

IMO if 'twere possible to shorten to around 3:40, it would help the song... but then there'd be too little "solo" in there...

Kinda has a touch of ZZ Top feel to it... with some free-form drum pattern behind it... a bit repetetive... but the guitar playing was cool.

Nice. Thanks for sharing your toons.

c

Last edited:
participant said:
dl'ing right now... 47%... wow... 7mb... :D (will edit this post when it finishes)...

...okay, it's 20 minutes later... downloaded!! (on better than T1 speed... oh well :))

Sounds cool... I'm thinkin the rhythm guitars have a bit too much low sludge... but since I can't tell if there's a bass in there.. maybe some of that should stay? Mmmm....

IMO if 'twere possible to shorten to around 3:40, it would help the song... but then there'd be too little "solo" in there...

Kinda has a touch of ZZ Top feel to it... with some free-form drum pattern behind it... a bit repetetive... but the guitar playing was cool.

Nice. Thanks for sharing your toons.

c

Thanks for checking it out. Yeah It might be a little too long.

There is Bass. I ran my Bass into my Joe Meek and took two outs from the Meek but that just really muddied the bottom end so I have muted those "extra" Bass tracks. I'm not a Bass player so I'm mostly just playing the guitar line. In time I'd like to get a better Bass setup. My Bass is G&L ASAT, not too bad of a Bass but I'm not too good on it.

The drums are just loops and I''m learning how to do loops and stuff right now. They are Roland V series loops. Yeah I need to mix it up a little for the drums.

Now the guitar.....My old Ampeg tube amp is broke so I've been messing around with my RP2000, yeah I know...Amp modelling. Nice late at night though! :)

I'll post more of my solo project in the near future. Lots of acoustic stuff I have
and some stuff with slide work.

Oh yeah, on the file size....Should I lower the bit rate on these to make them smaller? I'm also considering working on my own web site that would have a fastter server than nowhere radio.com....they seem slow.

Back