Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: a tune

Thanks

a tune

Sign in to disable this ad
    I redid the vocals and guitar solos on this tune.. I also put some more time into the mix..

any comments on the sound are appreciated..

thanks in advance!

riches to rags (4-4-03) www.nowhereradio.com/samij/singles

Thanks
    You are great at this, I really mean that. How the hell do you come up with the recording ideas???? Do you just mess around and keep what's cool or do you go after a sound in your head?

Mix sounds good. Wild tune. Are those your kids?

Joe

Thanks
    Boy I remember this from way back. The first difference I noticed was the little "goofy" guitar part (I guess it was a guitar but I'm not even sure) introduced during the quiet parts. Very tight harmonies. They sounded great. I love the snare sound. Good guitar playing.

I'm trying to come up with an idea to maybe improve it but I can't.

Real good job.

Thanks
    This is gonna suck...

i can just feel it.

Thanks
    God Damn Sam! When that song kicked in the hair stood straight up on the back of my neck... That is incredible sound you have.. There is so much depth to that bass.. That is my kind of harmonies. VEry very very well done! Nuff Said!

Kinda creepy!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Great!

Listened through once just to listen. i liked this one a lot before...i'll have to check out the original again after.

For now i'll treat it like a new tune.

First, where did you sample the voices from at the end? Home video? Other than not knowing how it related, i thought the stereo of the people's voice was very cool. Maybe the second listen i'll catch what they're saying...

Here goes...

As much as i love your voice i wish they were mixed a bit brighter as i usually do with your songs. Part of me wants to suggest raising the levels because i think they could cut through a little better, but i think a bit of EQ would be better. Sounds like low mids huddling around the fire to me once the guitars come in. Maybe it's clashing with the heavy synth layering. i've mentioned it before and not many people mention it so it's quite likely preference.

Having said that the vocal performance was killer. And i love the lyrics too, especially "you'll go from riches to rags when you find out that's all i have." i remember that line from version 1.

i also dig the lead guitar a lot.

i really have no complaints except for what i said about the vocal. But use your own ears of course. Mine are probably a bit low-mid sensitive.

Awesome job Sam.

Thanks

Thumbs up

I agree 100% with SLuiCe....

Good job, but fix the vocals. It could be a matter of taste, because it seems to be on every recording I've heard from you so far.
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks
    I won't comment much on the mix since this blows away anything I'm capable of. I loved it.

Man when the tune kicked in i was ready to throw my guitar across the room. I felt that thrash or be thrashed feeling come over me! lol, just something that great tunes, especially heavy ones do to me You captured somthing i hope to be able to one day. Power, and originality. My hats off to you.

ok, enough a$$ kissin? hehe mabe the vox could be brightened a bit, but damn, love the overall sound.

Thanks
    Originally posted by SLuiCe
    This is gonna suck...

i can just feel it.

And just in case someone doesn't realize I was kidding, nothing Sam does sucks.

Thanks
    i really like the cool noises in the intro before the synth kicks in.......the guitars sound pretty powerful in this one......the synth might be a little loud for my taste on this one.....very food

Thread Information