trying to reprogram my dysfunctional brain

Walter Tore

I recorded these tonight. I am figuring out the acoustics of my studio. It is great having space to move around in! Walter

I will shake em till there gone
where have all the dancing women gone
so easy to love a girl like you
trying to reprogram my dysfunctional brain
a mighty fine day

Soundin' good Walter. These sound kind of brighter than the last batch of yours I remember hearing. Your voice sounds great here and I really like the reverb on them - is it the room or applied afterward? Cool chugging guitar sound on "I will shake em..." too.

Guitar is killer on "made in china..."

Ha! You probably have like 6 more in the can by now!

Soundin' good Walter. These sound kind of brighter than the last batch of yours I remember hearing. Your voice sounds great here and I really like the reverb on them - is it the room or applied afterward? Cool chugging guitar sound on "I will shake em..." too.

Guitar is killer on "made in china..."

Ha! You probably have like 6 more in the can by now!

Hi heatmiser: Thanks for the feedback! My new studio is 26'x26' with a 9' ceiling. My old studio was 12'x12' with a 6'2" ceiling. Also the new space is all sheet rocked and a cement floor while the other had an acoustic tile ceiling and 2 cinderblock and 2 sheet rock walls. I have covered the new studio with throw rugs and there is a tad of natural reverb still left. I close mic my voice, the snare, ride cymbal, and guitar amp(2"-8"). I added a room mic that if full of natural reverb and use that slightly in the mix. The new space has no acoustical treatment and I am leaning towards leaving it this way. I play no louder than an acoustic guitar strummed (hit the drums very lightly with my feet) and the drums, vocal, harp, are all within a couple feet of each other. the guitar amp is in the bathroom and I use a thd hotplate to keep the volume down to about a speaking voice volume. I use universal audio plugins, and love the EMT plate reverb. It is on all tracks. I also mix pretty quiet too and have found my new set up to be a bit bassier on playback of any cd than my old room. My first recordings in the new space sounded great on the monitors and then trebly as hell on my car stereo. I have been working on mixing things bassier and am using a different plate on the reverb. Here are some pictures of the finished studio. Walter

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/waltertore/tunnel of dreams studio construction/

Back