Trying out some clean sounds.

Jouni

Been blasting away with so much metal lately, I thought I'd try some clean sounds for variety... well, them distortions did get me in the end of the song, but hey!!.. I tried. Woke up at 8:00 ..it's now 14:00 here.. I've been busy composing and tracking at the same time, so it might be audible in the playing. :o
Hard to compose a song on cleans, so it won't be cheesy, or overly delicate.."love-song-like"...

preliminary guitar mix:

I'm tracking the bass next... Then maybe a one more lead to the end??

Drums will again, prolly be beatcrafted.

How do ya like them clean sounds??

Had a nap before taking on the basstracks, and came up with this hairbrain idea:

I've got soon some 30 songs on display..
(http://www.mikseri.net/artists/jounikorhonen.57196.php)
..lot of fellow musicians have been asking am I ever gonna DO anything with them...
I thought that I'd whip up a band, record a limited edition sinlgealbum (30pcs), same band, same cover, but a DIFFERENT SONG in every single! :D :D

...coffee's up!

A mix with with bass and a lead in the end:

...uuuhhh, rest of the evening will be spent with Beatcaft...

Any Tips on final mix and master??

Final song.

Shiny little Satan

Composed tracked mixed,
from 0800 to 2300... could have spent the day worse?.. :confused:

IMHO
:o

Listened to the first one. Then scrolled down to comment and saw the newest one, sounds much better. Nice, open mix. Guitar tones sound pretty good.

I think the lead guitar in the center could have been brought up more. Drums sound good but sound panned kind of wide to me, too separated.

Pretty cool song. :cool:

yeah, you should definitely bring up that awesome shredding guitar solo in the middle of the song. I shall call you Van Wailin'...

Back