Tribute to 'If' poem by Rudyard Kipling -- ADHD Digital Jam Session (VIDEO)

dreamsound2

This is a 'live digital jam session' I did in my bedroom a few years ago as a tribute to the poem 'If' by Rudyard Kipling. Never posted it because my last hard drive died and I was left with a really sketchy version of it. So unfortunately that's what I have to post. I didn't really get to mix it and was stuck with the old wave file and all the out of tune parts but.. didn't want to deprive the world from it because of those reasons. You can check out my MySpace for my finished work.

For what is worth I think at least it has a lot of meaning to me and it shows just how ADHD I really am :laughings:

BTW, all my gear was beta version new back then and state-of-the-art
Now is old news...

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAk0-p_SVZg

Last edited:
What's up Fernando! Love this video, fun to watch. You got your own style and progressive vibe going on here. Tight playing. Some people might not get it being a jam session and reading a poem. I liked the build up particularly around 1:21, that chorus rocks. Keep it up!!

Thanks Chris! Just got back from the bars in Pacific Beach :D I did what I could but I agree a lot of people are going to look at it as a song instead of presenting a poem. How is that bass coming along?

Hopefully I can get any other comments/feedback here, even though it is unfinished... it was a lot of work after all :drunk:

Sounds pretty good. The vocals get a bit pitchy sometimes, but it sounds pretty cool. The grungey guitar sounds good. What drum samples did you use?

Thanks Squib, for drums on this song I used a Roland TD-12 through BFD2 through Evil Drums from Platinum Samples. I spent a lot of time to get my drum set to trigger like that. I guess now is easier considering I did that a couple of years ago.

Back