The Trails in the Stars Demo

Dearborn

Hi, been a while since I posted last, but I've recently been spending more time learning how to mix and master lately. I just finished my Demo or CD so far titled The Trails in the Stars. I'd appreciate any feedback on the mix and mastering qualities of it cause I'm still learning this stuff. Thanks and take care. - Chris

The Trails in the Stars Demo by Christopher Ciccone | Free Listening on SoundCloud

The Bandcamp embed isn't working. You can listen to it at The Trails in the Stars Demo | Christopher Ciccone , till I get soundcloud uploaded. Thanks

Last edited:
I liked the energy in the playing. Some really good quality playing too. I liked the vocal sound, it had a nice tone.

The bass is really boomy and muddy. If it were me, I'd go with a much lighter low end. And probably a simpler bass part.

The guitar is really busy - all the way through. It's taking attention away from the vocal. I might suggest rethinking the part and simplify it - at least when it's supporting the vocal.

The guitar and drums are occupying the same frequency space. THey're battling to be heard, and the guitar is winning.

Then there is some hiss and some sounds of shifting around before and after the song.

First song... vocals sound really good. Guitar might be a bit high in the mix, drowning out the drums and bass. Bass might need some high end for definition... I think.

I agree with TripleM. The bass is far too boomy and muddy. It overwhelms the way the song sounds....and I think you have some great playing and tones in there on the other parts. That being said.......I think the pattern is fine. Try taking some of the mud out and see if you like it. Also.......a bit on the nit picky side........your vocal pitch wanders a bit from time to time. It's noticeable but could likely be corrected. Overall........love the energy......and the rhythm.

Back