Track remix....Give it to me.

JasonBird

Average Member
hey there, i remixed my drum track to better even the levels, i added a bass line from my keyboard, and some other little sounds to fill some space. I don't know how to play guitar but i do like my bass line that i came up with. Give me some feedback on the mix and recording sound.....I think i'm getting pretty close...
the first song is just the drum track= before, the re-do is the fourth called Jason's Jam. compare the two....

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2169&alid=-1

As they say....let me have it....I've gotten this far with all of your help!
Jason

Hmmm...

Well, it sounds really eclectic.. I mean you got it to sound really weird if that's what you going for. But it's like that Math club kind of weird if you know what i mean.

Without vox or guitars this really doesn't seem finished to me. I don't want to be discouraging but it just gives me the feel of someone noodling around rather than playing a completed song. Not sure what you are going to do with all the time changes. Maybe wait for the finished version to post.

The kick in the first few seconds sounded a bit over.

Maybe its my imagination, but the timing on the drums sounds off in parts. I don't require computer perfection but it seems really noticeable. Not sure where you are going with this. I think you need a cohesive idea for this one.

Guys,
It's not really a song....as you see. Maybe I didn't make it clear in my post, but I'm just trying to get the recording process nailed down. How does the tones, levels, eq, cymbols all sound to you? I don't know how to play guitar...so i can't add one. I have a friend that plays and he comes by everyonce in a while. I'm trying to get my sound down so that maybe somebody would be willing to do a collab with me. I posted just the drum track, and people wanted to see how it fit in with some other instruments so this is what I came up with...NOt great, but the best i can do at the moment, someone send me a guitar track, and i'll import it into Sonar, and try that!!?? JasonStarbird@att.net

Peace!

Jason

Ahh.. well that's a relief to know. I kind of suspected that was the case but maybe you should mention that in the original post next time.

All i can say is just the kick in the beginning.

Some things I'd say... It only has a few instruments and it's REAL LOUD. So if you plan to add guitars and vox in at some later point, you're going to run into some problems. If you're going sit those things on top of this, I think they're either going to be covered up or you're going to get distortion throughout. The song pegs the meters even as it is.

It clips a bit around :40 (maybe elsewhere, I was typing as I was listening). The high-hat is I think a bit too strong - dominates a bit too much IMO.

So I think the recording is going well, just be cautious during mixing.

I am a drummer, and I must say a couple things...

When recording, to get a good tone, whack them! Let the drums express themselves. The snare and toms sound like they are being tapped. I am not talking about Metal heavy-handness, just play out a little more to get the groove on!

As an example, the china hit at the end is a 'chinette'.

I know that when I record, I have to play a little more out than I think I need to. I always get a better tone that way. The drums speak better, and the cymbals decay like they should.

That's it! Keep it up!

Back