track i made-WANT TO REMAKE- feedback requested- any ideas?

Mir

hey
i made this track few months ago
and i think of remaking it,

YouTube

waht you guys think will make this sound better?

thanks ~

What would the actual point be for doing a remake? You have a high quality track - no technical things to put right, so I'm assuming that you don't like it in some way? With tracks like these that are kind of experimental, the key feature is there are no rules you have to follow. Normally we listen to tracks and say the guitar EQ needs work, because it sounds little different from what the average person expects it to sound like. We comment on features that have established mix features. None of the components of your track have rules. Nothing jumps out, but I bet we'd not actually be able to tell between this mix and another that actually involved quite a bit of your time, honing and polishing. That critical fader push at 2:30 (I'm of course making this up) that you spent hours on, we don't notice because we don't know what you wanted to achieve.

You have a nice set of visuals and they're glued to music that works for them. The best I could do if you did a new version would be to say I liked that better, or I liked the old one. I don't know what rule you are using for "better". It's not something I'd produce myself, so I don't think I'm competent to offer artistic advice, because technically, I hear no evil?

Personally - I'd marking this one as done, and start a new one!

What would the actual point be for doing a remake? You have a high quality track - no technical things to put right, so I'm assuming that you don't like it in some way? With tracks like these that are kind of experimental, the key feature is there are no rules you have to follow. Normally we listen to tracks and say the guitar EQ needs work, because it sounds little different from what the average person expects it to sound like. We comment on features that have established mix features. None of the components of your track have rules. Nothing jumps out, but I bet we'd not actually be able to tell between this mix and another that actually involved quite a bit of your time, honing and polishing. That critical fader push at 2:30 (I'm of course making this up) that you spent hours on, we don't notice because we don't know what you wanted to achieve.

You have a nice set of visuals and they're glued to music that works for them. The best I could do if you did a new version would be to say I liked that better, or I liked the old one. I don't know what rule you are using for "better". It's not something I'd produce myself, so I don't think I'm competent to offer artistic advice, because technically, I hear no evil?

Personally - I'd marking this one as done, and start a new one!

thank you for respone, i feel like it doesn't have enough elemnts, like something is missing there and idk what, dont you think that the vocal "dont let me drown" is coming up too frequently?

I didn't notice it repeating too much - it's just a repetitive kind of motif really, but the piece doesn't;t really have a normal musical form - so probably doesn't need to conform. Don't throw things in for no purpose would be my suggestion.

From a technical standpoint, I thought this was pretty well-done. Although it's not something I would normally spin up, I thought it sounded pretty good across the spectrum.

As far as remaking it, I say do whatever floats your boat. I'm usually of the mindset to start something new instead of remaking... Although, I actually did remake a song I did about 10 years ago, just to see how it would sound differently if I had to completely re-make the whole song. It ended up being a super interesting exercise.

Anyway... This sounded pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Back