Torsen's Tarrow

tojo

I recently made a music myspace and I was wondering if i could get some constructive criticism, on my mixing job, the quality, the songs themselves. whatever thanks a lot, My band name is Torsen's Tarrow. I do everything myself. here's th link.
http://myspace.com/torsenstarrow
enjoy

Cool stuff. Your production doesn't sound bad. You could probably take more time recording your vocals to fix the pitch a bit more. For 15 years old or at least I think thats what you are(cause of your "influences), youre doing good. Your production is good just keep writing songs and keep writing songs. Learn what you like and don't like about other songwriters and just dont stop. Youre doing good, keep it up. Eric.

thanks so much! I appreciate the feed back
and yeah i'm 15. i only started singing so vocals are always sketchy

thanks again

The Sunrise Light
- cool picture on your profile :D sort of goes along with the title of this song
- I really like your piano playing in this. The notes are very complimentary to the melody. The tone is good too.
- What are you using for drums? I love your reverse cymbals!
- The vocal delivery is not bad, just keep singing and it will improve.
- The songs seem to be in a lower range. Although they would be easier to sing they would probably sound less monotone at a higher pitch. If you are so inclined maybe try transposing these up a tone or two and see how it sounds. Don't go too high though so you are not straining....
- Your songwriting skills are pretty good already. And the mix is good too.
:D:):D:)

thanks a lot! I tried changing the pitch up but its hard for me, just starting to sing. thanks for your input i really appreciate it!

oh and the reversal works using any program pretty much you just have to isolate the sound and process the audio, witha reverse button. cubase can do it. and so can ableton ( i have lite)

thanks a lot! I tried changing the pitch up but its hard for me, just starting to sing. thanks for your input i really appreciate it!

No biggie, just keep it up - you should find your vocal range will gradually increase. :D

Yeah I like it, the sunrise's light sounds best to me, the composition of the song is really good. Just in the verses the drums pattern, the hits of the snare increase, so the last hit is too loud for the continuing verse. I sounds like you used som drum fill, which makes it louder at the end, but you need it to stay the same to keep with the song.

And please next time, it's better to post links to mp3s instead of streaming on myspace. :)

Cheers

Back