Tool cover - Vicarious (partial)

wow it sounds really good, coming from a huge tool fan.

the mix sounds really good, how did you record bass i like the sound.

are the drums fake?

yea i also like how you kept the sound of the song true to the "tool" sound, it sounds really good.

10,000 days is good but i dont think anything compares to aenima

I enjoyed the shit out of this. I'm most impressed that you got all the drums down, I don't care if it's digital sounding. Truly nice work.

Nice job, man. Prison sex sounded good.

It's hard to get all the textural nuances of Adam and Danny's drum track sounds fuller, maybe because of the bass, however . . .

awesome job recreating it. cool to hear. I bet that drum track took quite a while to piece together.

This file has expired.
The file associated with this link has expired.
Unfortunately, this file has expired. A file link is only valid for a certain number of days or a limited number of downloads, whichever occurs first.

Once an uploaded file expires, it can no longer be downloaded. If you still need the file, please contact the original sender directly.

By upgrading your account, you can extend how long files that are sent to you in the future are kept available.

I would really like to hear this, could you please upload it again somewhere? :)

Wow! that was really cool! VERY good job on the drums.. how much time did it take you to make them? The guitars are also good and i love the bass... very nice! ;)

EDIT: One more thing i feel i need to add - I really like the mix, how these sounds blend.. it's got "air", i don't know how to express myself but i hear something in this clip which is always lacking in my mix.. and i can't put my finger what it is!

Maybe these questions are stupid to someone but still..Could you please tell me, how did you do the "mastering"? Which plugins and in what way?
Also, how many guitars are there (2 if i'm not mistaken?), how panned, any reverb on them? all info is appreciated :)

Yeah nice work.
Some nice drum samples there, and programming must ahve took you a while. :)
Guitars lack energy and bass has little definition. PLay about with the hmids and lo mids on the bass track. Good job for a pod though.

Eck

yeah it is only a pod 2.0 run into a soundvblaster audigy 2....nothing special or expensive....and an original bass pod..
I do all my drums in flstudio 4 now..6 has some issues....then i track the drums out to their own wavs. import into audition ..set levels/eq/limiting/panning...then start recording...all i usually do to the recorded guitar/bass tracks is some eq and paning....hardest part is learning the songs :D finally signed up to dmusic...here is my link

http://lugzz.dmusic.com

Listening to Prison Sex now...pretty good rendition man.. Nice guitar tone. It fits very well. Whole thing is put together with a very cool vibe...it's definitely got that great Tool sound.

Vicarious sounds really cool also. Nice playing man. Good job on teh drums also. They fit pretty well.

Nice tuneage. If you ever want some demented vocals to these, justr let me know...I'd give it a crack...I'm no Maynard, mind you.... :D

hey that would bo really cool.....i tried vocals myself and they turned out horrible.....i couldn't carry a note in a bucket....let me know what u wanna do...any other songs let me know :D

Guitars in "Prison Sex" sound GREAT!!! Just like the original to my ears...bass is a little lacking in the mix imo, but otherwise great sound...would like to hear it with vocals.....Great job!

Vicarious is extremely well done. The snare's a little thin.

I'd like to see you get with a band and make some original songs, you've definately shown some skill here.

Back