Too much Coffee........

nice guitar music.. that rhythm sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.. it gets pretty busy at times.. it's hard to mix something like this, but you did a pretty good job.. If you were going to turn this into an actual song, I would suggest picking a main riff theme and adding from there.. if this is just a jam and your not planning on doing anything more with it, I think it's cool that you just let it rip!

HOLY COW!!

Nice bass...what are you using? I don't really have any mix comments yet, b/c I only streamed it. Nothing stuck out as being wrong.

Any way you could enable downloads? For some reason, it's not showing up as an option.

Thanks,
Chris

First off , there's no such thing as too much coffee. I think I'd be dead if there was. Hmmm. I cannot offer any more help than that, as my 56k connection makes mix comments irrelevant. But good!

Yeah, it's "Hey Bulldog", no doubt.

I'm sure you couldn't sneak that past any real Beatles' fan.

Anyway, too much coffee, or not enough, but it's a cool sounding jammy that sounds like it was lots of fun to do.

Jam: GT
Credit: John Lennon

Dude, I think John would approve. Really nice job.;)

Nice jam. I think any of the Beatles would approve. Boy I haven't listened to the "Yellow Sub" disc for a long time. I might have to get it out tonight.

cool, brah. i'm betting those werent' $1000 guitars? :D
give a little more stereo spread. other than that it was cool. i loved the bass and keys(?). nice wah shredding going on!

Did you write this down as sheet music first?

:)

If you can, maybe give it a bit more of a stereo spread. Other than that, rockin' wah's!

Just a bit too busy for my tastes. I thought the guitar tone was on the thin side. I had a hard time discerning the notes you were playing. I thought the drums sounded really good. How did you record them?

Having my morrning coffee,

Mastabeta,

Thanks, that is Hey Bulldog. I should have made that more clear.

Beatles fans abound.

B.SABBATH,

Yeah, I thought it was busy too, like one big lead solo.

Just a jam. Never could jam, until I got into my thirties, weird!

I had spent countless hours adjusting the bridge on my giutar, another round for the intonation freak.

I really think I got it as good as it's going to get.

I can play lead, and chords, without having to retune.

If you see me with a phillips head screw driver in my hand, slap it out, PLEASE!!

chris,

That's my Rickenbacker, glad you liked it!!

M.Brane,

Yeah I panned the two lead giutars, left and right.

I don't like to pan too much, as the giutars seem to get thin and detatched.

Thanks for the listen!

mbuster,

Coffee, the nectar of life. A guitar players friend, it's the other drug!! Okay, I'm old.

Glad you liked it!!

ARP,

Yeah, I should have been more clear.

Thought it would go without saying that this was Hey Bulldog, but younger ears need a little help.

I think John would like it, I'm not so sure about Paul.

Play it loud!!

TripleM,

I have, the movie, Yellow Submarine, that's were I picked this up.

Thaks for listening to a poor boy jam!!

JR#97,

Just drop one zero off $1000.00, and you guessed on the nose.

i hope it sounds like a $150.00 guitar, after all the setup time i've put into it.

I'll try a little more stereo spread nest time, I think there must be a fine line between too little and too much, no?

Look forward to hearing your $1000.00 Music Man soon. Fire that mother up!!!

Thanks for the listen!!

SLuiCe,

Sheet music, hehehe.

I like the wah pedal, maybe too much. Showing my age.

Been looking at the Digitech Whammy next, I still have one foot free!!

Glad you liked it!!

Sydfan,

Too busy is what this was meant to be. I hadn't really just played for quite awhile, I was working on intonation.

Had to let it rip!!

GT

Damn Gt, let it out bruttha man! LOL, i wished I still smoked:cool: ..cause you be smokin here. Enjoyed it bro!

yeah..some of the wah gtr has that 'electric ladyland' vibe to it. A lot of soloing happening that seems independent of each other, like you could just pick one track ...or the other.

as far as people wanting more of a spread... THIS IS A MONO MIX.

so....when do you take breaths?.... quick edit on the end too. watch that...! tidy, tidy!!!:p

Hey GT,...

I actually did a full production number of "Hey Bulldog" on 8-track, and it's one of my better recent recordings.

Anyway, it's a heck of a fun song to do, and was always one of my obscure Beatle favorites. It was kind of an underground song, compared to the Beatles mainstream hits.

Maybe I'll post my version to NWR someday. It's basically a straight version, all the way through. None of you guys on this thread have heard it, but it was featured in my 4-cd set from 2001/2. Stay tuned for that, maybe someday.;)

I agree with those dudes who said never enough coffee.Like a gar need gas and stuff...Double riffage is always cool!!!Black Sabbath style!recording was ok.But that crazy jam made up for any imperfectionsSounds like it was way fun.:D :D

groovejunkie,

ROTFLMAO, I say if the neighbors can't stand the heat, and blah blah blah!!

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all lifes problems."

-Homer Simpson-

Thanks for the listen.

David,

Thanks bro, yeah sometimes you got to let it rip, and this was one of those times.

Glad you liked it!!

mixmkr,

"Electric ladyland vibe", wow thanks alot!!!

I wasn't really trying for any certain vibe, this was a kind of pick up my guitar and play.

This is not a mono mix, the guitars were panned left, and right. I think lf you listen again, you'll here stereo!!

I just don't like to pan too much, as they seem to become more detached, with too much panning, no?

ARP,

Yeah, I'm right there with ya!!

This is one fun song, it insired licks, I didn't know I had!!

Glad you liked it!!!

W.I.S.C.,

I do like my coffee, someday, I'm sure I'll be singing the coffee drinker's blues.

I think the Black Sabbath style, can be blamed on the tone of the lead guitars.

This was the fastest recording, I've ever done.

I picked the first tone I liked, and did the whole thing in one take.

Try playing it loud, IT"S A JAM!!!

GT

A little busy for me. The guitars sound processed and kind of lose any personality the may have had.

Steely jam. That I really liked. One guitar soloing at a time has a much better sound IMO. That jam had a much better groove and also had some good "PHRASING" in the solo. I liked that one a lot.

Joe

Back