Too Beautiful

Acoustic gtrs in the intro are out of tune... but, hell, I'm realizing as I listen that this doesn't matter. At :17 when the electric comes in it has a beautiful effect. And at :34 when the vocal enters it gets even better. Sorry, I just can't be objective about the song any more because I like it too much.

...even with a few autotune artifacts on the vocal that might be better made more subtle (guessing).

Hell, who cares. Great tune. Too Beautiful, really... an accurate title.

The acoustic guitars are in a really odd tuning. It's an open tuning with a couple strings that give it a little oddness.

Where do you hear digital artifacts? There's no autotune on this, but very likely a glitch when recording or in the digital compressors etc. If you point it out I hopefully can fix it. Or maybe it's BG vocals? I recorded bg vocals in two takes seperating them stereo for a cool effect. But maybe one of them is out of tune from the other?

Let me know where you're hearing it.

And seriously glad you like it.

...There's no autotune on this...
Then my kudos to the singer. I guess I'm so used to hearing autotune in recordings that I assume when I hear a singer snap accurately to the pitch that it's a plugin doing it. Perhaps I'm too jaded... live and learn.

haha no. The greatest thing about having a studio at home and unlimited time, is the ability to do it over and over and over and over until it's perfect. I find it a strict practice that functions better than normal band rehearsals hah.

As long as there's no glitchy sounds then I'm good.

and I take it back, there's some melodyne on the different vocals at the veerry end. All the lead vocals though that I sang weren't touched.. but in order to get the few friends I brought in to help fill up room at the end in and out quickly, I got them to do it good and then touched it up with melodyne.. so if that's where you heard it, maybe..

...All the lead vocals though that I sang weren't touched.. but in order to get the few friends I brought in to help fill up room at the end in and out quickly, I got them to do it good and then touched it up with melodyne.. so if that's where you heard it, maybe..
It was the main vocal I had falsly suspected, not the BG vox at the ending. I appreciate your humility though.

Drums were brought up a tad for final mix. Thanks the comment eyema. And I'm glad you like it. If you're a myspacer check out myspace.com/wearechasingghosts - add us, i'll let you know when the cd is out. :)

Back