Tokyo Syren mixes up...

LeeRosario

Links

uploaded reworked versions of the demo tunes I was able to share recently. Feel free to drop in, have a listen, ask/comment...whatever your flavor.

We did finally agree to throw some up for download since it's nothing more than a demo type project.

Thanks again guys for the flow of great opinions (you know who you are) :D

Lee

Hi

I like the songs. The playing is very tight and the vocals are nice. My only comment on the mix of "Not enough" and "Meant to fade" is a would cut some low frequencies on the electric guitars to make more place for the bass and kick.

Nice work.

/Jack Real.

Sounds a bit like Cheap Trick on Steroids when they go into their punk/edgy mode. Which most don't know about CT
The singer reminds me a bit like Simple Plan, only less whiney, which means your guy is better
I really like your tunes, and will see if the band ever breaks. Keep us posted

Lee,
Nice recordings. These songs aren't as destinctive as the ones I've come to associate with the band. Withe the exception of the slow change they're all pretty much punkpop in tempo & arrangements.
That's not so say they aren't good - just less Tokyo Syren to my ears.

thanks for the critiques guys. It definitely does help me look at the songs outside the box. That cheap trick reference is definitely a new one :)

Ray, I'll admit I had a different angle on the songs at first, but I think you're right in terms of how this project is more uniform and pop in sound.

johnny, you bring a good point, I'm thinking I may even have to work out EQing the bass better. That's actually something Ray has instilled in me for a while now, which is good, cause it makes me that much more paranoid about getting better bass sounds.

-

This will be a sad week though, marking the end of me working together with these guys. Continually talented, though. They'll be heading off to Cali to pursue thier own musical interests, hopefully with better heads on thier shoulders.

I mean thats ok, cause we always knew this was strictly a personal growing process for all of us.

Back