Titleling MP3 file

songsj

Looking for a good program to convert CD audio to MP3 files with the ability to title the files so they show up on files and car radios etc. Old version of Nero worked great but Nero 2017 Platinum sucks for this. suggestions?

Most new car stereos are going to get the display info from the ID3 tag data, which should be populated by the ripping software from an online database, and not use the filename.

I think iTunes still work for this? I've got an old OS X version, and with it set to MP3, it seemed to name the files just fine, as well as set the ID3 tag metadata, including artwork.

CDex works perfectly for this. Its been around for 20 years. Current version is 2.23. Load the CD, tell it to ID the CD, then rip to MP3 or wav, ORG, FLAC or whatever protocol you want.

I gave up on Nero around v12. Its still on the computer, but rarely gets used, except for occasionally burning a CD with Express.

Sorry I should have given more information. My CD's are self produced in Reaper DAW. They have no information on them other than the standard Track 1 track 2 etc. Old versions of Nero let me insert the Album title, song title and artist name manually when ripping the MP3 file. That info would show up on car radios, smart phones etc and would be on the MP3 file when I would email it to friends etc. This is what I would like to accomplish. I guess ideally a CD authoring program would do it if the information was actually on the cd but sometimes I do a song or two at a time and do not create a CD project until I have 8 or 10 songs finished.

Sorry I should have given more information. My CD's are self produced in Reaper DAW. They have no information on them other than the standard Track 1 track 2 etc. Old versions of Nero let me insert the Album title, song title and artist name manually when ripping the MP3 file. That info would show up on car radios, smart phones etc and would be on the MP3 file when I would email it to friends etc. This is what I would like to accomplish. I guess ideally a CD authoring program would do it if the information was actually on the cd but sometimes I do a song or two at a time and do not create a CD project until I have 8 or 10 songs finished.
Well, there are a couple different things going on there.

If you are creating an MP3, then you want to add the ID3 (or ID2) tag information. A utility like [MENTION=103008]bouldersoundguy[/MENTION] referenced will do that. (I use KID3.)

Does Reaper have a CD burning capability, using multiple songs? I thought someone posted that it does, and there may be an option to add CD-Text to the resulting audio CD, i.e., one with non-lossy/16-bit PCM content. Your car player will probably read a CD-Text file on the CD, but iTunes and other computer players are going to try and get the info from an online database. Unless your songs are in that, it will probably not display song info from an *audio CD*. A CD with MP3s on it will display data from the MP3 files embedded ID3 data.

If you're in Windows, you can right click on the MP3, go to Properties - Detail, and edit all the information. If you only have a few songs, that's probably the easiest way to do it. I do that when I make MP3 tracks of personal recordings. They can be added to the flash drive in the car, and are just like any other commercial recording.

Attachments

• MP3 Details.jpg
    MP3 Details.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
If you're in Windows, you can right click on the MP3, go to Properties - Detail, and edit all the information. If you only have a few songs, that's probably the easiest way to do it. I do that when I make MP3 tracks of personal recordings. They can be added to the flash drive in the car, and are just like any other commercial recording.

Wow! I had no idea you could do that. Thanks man!

Thanks man you are correct I searched the internet and found the Windows option. I came back to post but you beat me to it LOL.

Back