tips on these vocals?

cameronwilkes

View attachment Tadhg 404.mp3

not sure if i did that correctly, but i attached a beat i made with some vocals in there too. i don't normally put vocals over my stuff so i'm just looking at getting some feedback on the mix of them. i've kept them kinda quiet so they're more like a texture, but let me know what you think. thanks!

I like it. The vocals sitting low like that really fits the song well. If you did bring them up, only do it slightly. It has a nice "chant" vibe to it. The loud kick boom should be brought down so that it doesn't kill everything in the mix. When it's triggered, everything else in the song gets quieter. I'm not sure if you programmed it that way but it sounds like bad compression. Lower the volume on it and the song will come through better. And if you do that, you may not need to raise the vocals at all. Great beat! :thumbs up:

I like it. The vocals sitting low like that really fits the song well. If you did bring them up, only do it slightly. It has a nice "chant" vibe to it. The loud kick boom should be brought down so that it doesn't kill everything in the mix. When it's triggered, everything else in the song gets quieter. I'm not sure if you programmed it that way but it sounds like bad compression. Lower the volume on it and the song will come through better. And if you do that, you may not need to raise the vocals at all. Great beat! :thumbs up:

Yeah I think thats the 808, haha. I'lll give it another mix tonight with that tip. Thanks for getting back to me!

Back