Three bluegrass tunes on the cheap Warning, banjo haters :)

I'm posting three tunes. :guitar: All instruments and vocal were recorded with a SPB1 ($50 on CL) onto a Zoom R16. I'm playing all parts, but I didn't do any punches...just played the parts through until I could live with it and adjusted levels and pan. The final mixes were boosted with an Ozone preset. I guess I was going for kind of a quick demo quality.

Okay, enjoy or ignore. Lob tomatoes. Curse me out. Whatever turns your crank or feels right.View attachment Black Mountain Rag.mp3View attachment I Wonder Where You Are Tonight.mp3View attachment Blackberry Blossom.mp3

I love good music whatever the genre. I enjoyed the three number that you posted. On "Wonder Where You Are Tonight" I felt that the guitar was overpowered by the banjo during sections when the guitar should have been out front. I also heard some timing issues. Other than that, as I already said, I enjoyed the tunes.

God this is good playing. Sad to say I'm not a fan of the style. Perhaps you can reshape the style by getting a closer lyric to work with it.

Thank you both for listening, for the compliments and for the fair assessment. I agree the guitar fills and solos on the vocal # need to be pushed up a bit, and perhaps the banjo pushed back. I know there are timing issues around some of the guitar fills during the first verse or two. I don't know how much surgery I will be able to give it. Might be easier just to scrap and redo. I guess the bluegrass guys aren't lurking about so much any more around here, so thanks again for listening and comments even though you aren't a fan of the style.

I love bluegrass. Like what you did here. I good mando chop is to die for. I love ribbon mics on mando and dynamics on banjo. very fun listen!

Back