Thoughts on..

you need to play to a click track. the timing is allover the place. also, i would recommend that you actually practice before you record the song.

eliminate a few of the guitars as they get all mushed up and it sounds like crap. i know you are looking for a thick orchestral sound but you are no where near achieving it right now.

I was not going for an orchestral sound.. whatever that means.

How am I supposed to eliminate guitars when there is only one track for each guitar...

One for each distortion, two for bass(mic'd and direct), one for each clean.

Our bassist sucks. Myself and the other guitarist are not the best players. I'm sorry that we're not perfect enough for you. ;)

Could you please just explain your critique a little bit better?

Any suggestions from anyone else?

Last edited:
hey geet73: don't listen to anything thesuper_critic says about ur songs. go through and read his reviews of other peoples stuff. he's just a troll with too much time on his hands. the review he did for you was the closest he's come to a real review that i've seen.

look up a bbs member by the name of sweetnubs. read a couple of his posts. i think they are the same person. the attitude is definitely the same.

i thought the song was cool. drums definitely need to be louder. the recording was a little muddy. it just needs a little more clarity.

Heh, I realized that after I replied.

How would you suggest going about making it clearer?

This song will have vocals whenever my singer gets over here to record them. It, and two others, will be posted here again for reviews.

Not bad.... few things to note, though -

The sound overall is muddy -- and it's not just a single track so either you did something to the mix or you're not quite capturing the recording of the tracks as well as you could be.

The drums really lack punch and life - and the snare sounds overcompressed.

If there was a bass guitar in there it needs to be much better defined than it is....

Also the mix leans a bit to the left for some reason...

Good effort - keep working on it!

Thank you for your reply. Could I just ask how I would going about making it less muddy?

I read in a book that my friend let me borrow that the muddy frequencies are usually in the low mid area, around 400hz-600hz. Tonight, I'm going to go through everything and cut some of those frequencies to see if that makes a difference. It might help me to buy some reference monitors. I'm using crappy 3-way speakers.

GEET
nice job man, there is a little lack of "punch" in the drums and it is a little muddy. not bad though. I think the timing and shit is right on. the drums need to come up a bit in the mix and take some mid out of the guits if you havent already. leave some room for the bass to roam in the mix. maybe compress the bass to make it punchier? good job., cant wait to hear with vox they could make or break this one. peace the dude

Back