Thread: Thoughts?

Thanks

Thoughts?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Not sure if I've posted this already but please give it a listen and let me know what you think. The song is called.....

Mej

Here's the link

Thanks

Thumbs up

nice one! has a Vai-ish feel with some Neil flavor on the drums.. great jam! guitar player smokes.. only nit is the lack of crispness to the whole thing.. the tambourine is the only thing adding any.. would like to hear the solos a hair louder.. definitely enjoyed this one..

Thanks
    I liked the spontanuity of this piece a lot, the ofof the cuff tunes usually sound natural and organic. The mix sounds good really good, but as was posted the guitars could come up some into the sweet spot. The drums are well done, but keep the guitars just into the edge of the light insted of under it.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    My favorite thing in this is the drums. I like the sound of those toms a lot. The guitar is cool too. Reminds me of some Al Dimeola stuff. It's always fun playing in that mode.

Mix was OK, but I agree some presence to the guitars would be nice. I kept wanting it to leap to that "big mix" sound. It's good though!

Thanks
    I'm sure you've heard it, but this reminds me a lot of the beginning of Dream Theater's "Home" (that eastern influence thing). There's plenty more eatern-influeced songs in rock, but that's the one that came to mind...

I like this a lot, I agree with BSabbath that the lead could use a little more volume as it really is the center piece... and yes, the guitarist certainly smokes!

Good jam piece, I would really like to hear a fully produced version of this as there are some minor playing issues (since this is a technical piece, any and all technical errors would need to be corrected/retracked). There aren't many, so if this is just the funsie track, then I'd leave it be...
    The Boogeymen
    www.the-boogeymen.com

Thanks
    Sounds great. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know how you recorded the drums
    People these days wont take responsiblity for anything, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks
    The general thought here is that the drums are cool but the gits need some hair!?
    Thanks for the replies!

CanopuS-nothing really special on the drums. Used B-52 in the bass drum, 57 on the snare, 421's on the toms and C3000B's as overheads. The snare was turned off during the entire song and it was used as a tom in many places.

RF

Thanks

Cool Cool tunage!

Good playing all around.

The drums sound is pretty good, though it'd be nice to have a bit more kick in there.

The guitars sound kinda small & fuzzy though. They've got that "synthetic" sound too 'em like you get from a bad multi-effects unit or amp simulator.

Bass could use some definition too. It's a cool part that needs to be heard better.

Bring in the belly dancers!

Thanks
    I can't offer many comments that haven't been offered already. Nice playing. Cool feel. Could use some more midrange defninition in spots.

And yes, bring on the belly dancers.

Thanks
    Peculiar but great guitarsound. Sometimes weird is good.

Higher toms sound almost like a darbuka. Which is great.

Mix sounds good.

I don't like the vocals. Sorry.
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thread Information