thought this would be fun.....

spacedye

Vest
hey everyone,
I thought it would be a fun idea to try and cover "Escpae" by Enrique Iglesias. as some of you might know, its not my usual style of music, but i like the song (for some reason...)and thought id have some fun with it....
can you guys please check it out and let me know if my levels are good before i try and sing over the instruments. all comments are welcome!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/spacedye.htm

Oh well, this tune seems to be mixed the right way. I wouldn't know much about dance, but it seems to be mixed right. The drums do sound a little too 'near'. Also, the looped instrument-tracks sound too much looped. I can hear when the loop ends, because there's this noticeable gap between some of them. Some of the sounds could be a bit better, or at least some reverb or effects could be applied to them (mixmkr is really starting to get to me :) )

I haven't heard the original, because every time I see the video, I go: "No! Not Enrique!", then I change the channel :) I'm not that open minded when watching MTV (which I rarely do nowadays). I guess the song is good. I'm really do expert on dance tunes.

hey space,

pretty cool.. it has a nice thump to it. Not really into the piano sound, but the overall mix sounds good.. I think it's ready for vocals..

later dude,

sam (B.Sabbath)

I'm going with Cranksters thoughts on this....I can hear the stop/start point in the loops. I'd fix this first before I would even consider continueing on. There are some severe timing issues with the drum rolls, and the looped segments (being jumpy as they are) don't help matters either.

A decent start to a dance mix...but I think the drums would need to come up significantly to be a true dance mix. I'm not familiar with the original.

Personally, I also find it sometimes ackward to try and get a music bed complete, then add vocals. I think sculpting the music AROUND the vocals sometimes...or actually most of the time, is a better route....so you kinda need to have all the parts at once, to do this...vocals too...eh?

i thank you all for the replys... SAM and CYAN, you guys always seem to be there for me somehow. LOL!!!!
like i said, dance isnt really my forte and i just thought id give it a shot. i never really used loops before. but i do hear where the loops starts/ends. ill try n patch that up a bit.
as far as the drum rolls go, i dont even know how i got them to do that in the first place..... so i thought being that they were slightly off time would make them a bit different.
anyway, ill work on the strat/stops in the loops before i continue.
thank you all for your inputs.:)

Back